Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Best Way to Organize Cables [Antec 900]

Best Way to Organize Cables [Antec 900]
Warhaven
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2008, 01:46 AM

Hey Everyone,

I just recently got a new Antec 900 case for my gaming PC. It's a really nice case with two front 120mm fans, a rear 120mm fan, a side-panel 120mm fan, and a big 200mm exhaust fan on the top. Only prob is that the molex connectors/wires are all over the place. For those of you with PCs, what's the best way you've found for organizing your cables for optimum air flow? I just bought some electrical tape (tacky, I know, but it works), Belkin velcro cable straps, and a bag of good 'ol plastic zip-ties to play around with.

I also saw some self-adhesive zip-tie anchors at our local computer store. Was thinking of picking up a baggie of those as well to toy with.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
-Rob

p.s. I went with the Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality sound card (was 30% off at $99 on Creative's website), if anyone was curious from my old post.

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2008, 01:29 PM

Pretty much the definitive thread on cable management for the Antec 900:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=126395

The new versions that you probably have already has some cutouts, so the first few parts of that thread might be less relevant (the old ones had NO cable management). Some great ideas in that thread though.

Warhaven  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2008, 02:02 PM

Cool beans, thanks. Yeah, I have the newer version, so it has some space to run cables through. I was considering dropping some money on a modular PSU to help cut down on the cable madness, but that's another $120-$150 I really don't want to spend. Would be nice if cases started coming (fairly inexpensively) with SATA backplanes for you to just plug in your drives and all that jazz, like with the MacPro. Apple really has it down for case design.

Thanks again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules