Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Your ideal partner

Your ideal partner (Page 3)
Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
I refuse to respond to petty insults.
Best to stick on the supply side, eh?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2008, 12:22 PM

So far the most ideal women I've met. Going strong over 3 years.

Great sense of humor, punk style/emo-ish hair on girls always makes me randy, we never argue, we both love Tool yet have pretty different musical tastes, and she'll Guitar Hero it up with the best of them.

calverson
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2008, 12:24 PM

Nice!

The only girl that I know that likes Tool (besides my sister) is a real heavy druggie, which I try and stay away from.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2008, 12:27 PM

Thanks, I know she looks 16 but she's actually 22.

I'm not a boob guy, which is good because she really doesn't have much there...I almost prefer the little perky ones anyways.

However, her caboose is more than adequate for my needs.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 25, 2008, 12:55 PM

Sek: Score!
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 25, 2008, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Thanks, I know she looks 16 but she's actually 22.

I'm not a boob guy, which is good because she really doesn't have much there...I almost prefer the little perky ones anyways.

However, her caboose is more than adequate for my needs.
Agreed.

Far left.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2008, 01:39 PM

So far the most ideal women I've met. Going strong over 3 years.

Great sense of humor, punk style/emo-ish hair on girls always makes me randy, we never argue, we both love Tool yet have pretty different musical tastes, and she'll Guitar Hero it up with the best of them.
I don't understand how you have so much time for the Xbox with a babe like that. Nice catch sir.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Agreed.

Far left.
I see junk in that trunk.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2008, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
I don't understand how you have so much time for the Xbox with a babe like that. Nice catch sir.
She works and goes to school right now, and I'm currently unemployed...sooooo...

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 25, 2008, 05:23 PM

I see junk in that trunk.
Hells yeah.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2008, 05:29 PM

It's hard for me to decide who has the bigger ass. The one in the darker blue dress or the one in white.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2008, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
It's hard for me to decide who has the bigger ass. The one in the darker blue dress or the one in white.
Actually the one in the white dress has the 5th biggest ass of anyone in the picture, she's just closer to the camera and good at sticking it out. Trust me, I've studied all of them extensively in person.

sdilley14  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2008, 05:54 PM

I'd hit that with the hammer of Thor.
2.3 GHz Intel i5 MacBook Pro
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2008, 06:02 PM

baby arm holding an apple is what I'd hit them with. PSH Thors hammer

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by sdilley14 View Post
I'd hit that with the hammer of Thor.
Before or after the sex ?

MacGallant
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 25, 2008, 06:14 PM

My ideal partner is a woman who would accept me for who I am and would look past my
situation and short comings. . .

She would be compatible with my personality and is a person who is pleasant to be with. . .

She would act as my emotional support crutch and also share my joys during the good times. . .

She would be the type of person I want to grow old with. . .

Someone faithful, loyal and dependable. . .

She doesn't have to be good looking or have a good body . . . its the inner beauty that counts. . . people tell me that I'm good looking often, but I'm really ugly and screwed up inside. . . so . . .
PowerMacG4 MDD Dual867Mhz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
2GB Ram, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro, 80GB HD & 160GB HD
MacBook Black: Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
4GB Ram & 250GB HD

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2008, 07:36 PM

I refuse to respond to petty insults.
you just dish them out?

Northeastern292
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2008, 11:11 PM

My perfect partner would have to well, be someone who just cares about me and understands me. There have been so many girls out there who have misunderstood me over the years, and although talking to girls comes somewhat easy to me, the dating game for me is much harder.
The Mac Collection:

Power Mac G4 Sawtooth at 450MHz, Power Mac G4 Gigabit Ethernet at 400MHz, three Power Mac FW800's at 1.0GHz, MacBook Pro at 2.0GHz, my late father's G3 iMac at 350MHz, an iMac at 500MHz, a PowerBook G4 (12-inch VGA) and a PowerBook 170

PlacidTubs
Forum Regular
Dec 17, 2008, 08:30 AM

She'd look a little bit like lovely Zooey.

She'd share my passion for music. be genuinely funny (not in that 'I find myself laughing just because she is pretty' way - which I think is something nearly all men are guilty of), and we'd totally be comfortable around each other.

She'd be agnostic and politically liberal, and have the desire to settle down and have a family one day (though not necessarily soon).

She would encourage my ambitions and I'd encourage hers. She would have just the right amount of optimism to offset my pessimism.

She would be intelligent but not conceited, with a genuine passion for learning.

Someone who makes life simpler and not pointlessly complex. Life is difficult enough as it is.

Ham Sandwich
Dec 19, 2008, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by PlacidTubs View Post

She'd look a little bit like lovely Zooey.

She'd share my passion for music. be genuinely funny (not in that 'I find myself laughing just because she is pretty' way - which I think is something nearly all men are guilty of), and we'd totally be comfortable around each other.

She'd be agnostic and politically liberal, and have the desire to settle down and have a family one day (though not necessarily soon).

She would encourage my ambitions and I'd encourage hers. She would have just the right amount of optimism to offset my pessimism.

She would be intelligent but not conceited, with a genuine passion for learning.

Someone who makes life simpler and not pointlessly complex. Life is difficult enough as it is.
Well, let me know when you find her. I may have to kill you to take her for myself.

calverson
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2009, 02:12 PM

I just met the girl of my dreams.

She is 5'11", which is cool because I am 6'1".

She is blond, blue eyes, skinny. And ****ing beautiful. She is the only girl I found more attractive the morning after, even sans make-up.

This is the first girl that I have ever met that I actually "look up" to. I feel fortunate that she even talks to me, never mind be in a relationship - like she is so much better than me.

She is American, (from Cali) and moved to South Africa recently. I think that I am in love. And this may shock the forum, but I actually like talking to her as much as officiating our relationship. It is weird.

I will put up a pic as soon as I have permission.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 02:16 PM

Calverson and California girl sitting in the tree... k-i-s-s-i-n-g!!

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 02:21 PM

She is blond, blue eyes, skinny. And ****ing beautiful. She is the only girl I found more attractive the morning after, even sans make-up.

This is the first girl that I have ever met that I actually "look up" to. I feel fortunate that she even talks to me, never mind be in a relationship - like she is so much better than me.

She is American, (from Cali) and moved to South Africa recently. I think that I am in love. And this may shock the forum, but I actually like talking to her as much as officiating our relationship. It is weird.

Love

Carla V.
Jan 4, 2009, 02:47 PM

Let me tell you one more thing about her... she's NOT real

Carla V.
Jan 4, 2009, 02:49 PM

hmm... I have one question from the female side... there's always been the intrigue of whether guys rather fun, hot yet dumb chicks or you'd rather a medium in popularity who can actually pick up on conversations??

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 02:54 PM

I know I'm weird in just about every conceivable way, but dumb is a complete turn off to me, no matter whether the woman is hot or not.

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I know I'm weird in just about every conceivable way, but dumb is a complete turn off to me, no matter whether the woman is hot or not.
Same here. I need a girl that can challenge me.

Carla V.
Jan 4, 2009, 03:08 PM

thanks for the answer
from my personal view, men should fit pretty much in the same standards they put on for girls. They should be polite, intelligent, charismatic and why not... good looking
I think personality is the most important thing in any person, you may have the looks and the charm, but if you're just there to fill in it's probably not going to get you far.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 4, 2009, 03:35 PM

I hate intellectual snobbery in a woman. HUGE turn-off.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
I hate intellectual snobbery in a woman. HUGE turn-off.
What do you define as "intellectual snobbery"?

I mean, I'm a grammar Nazi and tend to correct grammar and spelling in an IM conversation (it's kind of second nature for me at this point). Or do you just not like it when a girl appears to be smarter than you?

Incidentally, I've met several guys in the last few months that have been ever-so-close to that elusive ideal. Snap.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

karolie
Jan 4, 2009, 03:38 PM

of course!
well Carla.. actually guys are not that dificult to understand
We want a Gentleman, they want a CHICK.
simple.
We want them to be: . .They want us:
gentle . . . . . . . . to answer "yes babe" all the time.
civilized . . . . . . .to stay shut when they do some "smart talking"
intelligent . . . . . .not dumb but not smart enough to "beat"em
hansome . . . . . . . .super mega ultra "Hawt"

sound sad huh?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 03:40 PM

Aren't the items in the right column just longer-winded versions of the items in the left column?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

karolie
Jan 4, 2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post

I mean, I'm a grammar Nazi and tend to correct grammar and spelling in an IM conversation (it's kind of second nature for me at this point). Or do you just not like it when a girl appears to be smarter than you?

Incidentally, I've met several guys in the last few months that have been ever-so-close to that elusive ideal. Snap.
Touche teacher !!
He just hates it when a girl appears to be smarter than him..
HERE: all-boys-are-the-same Club haha
yeah yeah, but we still love em <3

karolie
Jan 4, 2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Aren't the items in the right column just longer-winded versions of the items in the left column?
no genius >.>
I dont understand the boy-kind that much
but girls, we just keep it simple.
( Last edited by karolie; Jan 4, 2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: ...)

karolie
Jan 4, 2009, 03:58 PM

Guys:
Answer the 1st post. page 1.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Ahahaha.

Yes.

Guys and girls are equally superficial...it's just that girls aren't so blatant about it. I've met plenty of guys who have a lot in common with me personality-wise, but I wasn't physically attracted to them, so I end up just being friends with them.

Then again, I'm more like a dude than a girl most of the time, so maybe it's just me. But I think that most girls out there are like that - they don't want to be seen in public with a guy who isn't considered "attractive" by their peers...particularly if the girl is a hottie.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2009, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Carla V. View Post
hmm... I have one question from the female side... there's always been the intrigue of whether guys rather fun, hot yet dumb chicks or you'd rather a medium in popularity who can actually pick up on conversations??
When do we have to make that choice? Why not go for it all?

calverson
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2009, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Carla V. View Post
Let me tell you one more thing about her... she's NOT real
What do you mean by not real?

She is the only chick that I have been up with till 4:00am talking with and my mind was not on having sex.

karolie
Jan 4, 2009, 06:51 PM

Ahahaha.

Yes.

Guys and girls are equally superficial...it's just that girls aren't so blatant about it. I've met plenty of guys who have a lot in common with me personality-wise, but I wasn't physically attracted to them, so I end up just being friends with them.

Then again, I'm more like a dude than a girl most of the time, so maybe it's just me. But I think that most girls out there are like that - they don't want to be seen in public with a guy who isn't considered "attractive" by their peers...particularly if the girl is a hottie.
wrong!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by karolie View Post
hansome ...

sound sad huh?
Yes, it does.

-t

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 4, 2009, 07:05 PM

Guys:
Answer the 1st post. page 1.
What is your ideal type? What do you look for in a man/woman? I'm talking personality, looks, everything.
I look(ed) for someone who was interested in things I was interested in, who was smart, and who I could laugh with. I wound up with someone who had these traits, plus is gorgeous, plus is smarter than I am, plus who brought out parts of my personality I never knew about. Boy am I lucky!

Guys and girls are equally superficial...it's just that girls aren't so blatant about it.
They can be. They can both be VERY superficial. Doing undergrad work to prep for my graduate program, I got a good look at just how superficial people are, especially younger people. There was a group of female students that I called the "style sorority" because they were all style. And yes, very little substance. One member of this little group was in my anatomy class, and would arrive at class almost precisely 10 minutes after class had started so she could make an entrance. She was pretty, carried herself well, and dressed well, but COME ON! We're here to learn, right? Not her. And I take her behavior as a reflection of how superficial she expects others to be as well.

As for the undergrad guys... well I tried to ignore them as well as I could. They tended to make me feel embarrassed about my gender...

Now for contrast. My grad program classmates are 86% female. They're all smart, they're all very capable. A couple are extremely good at the whole "style" thing. My male classmates are also very smart, well put together guys, an done of 'em is also good at the style thing. And yet, none of them seems at all shallow to me. I know how old (young) they are too. That tells me that it's quite possible for a young person of either gender to be anything but shallow if they don't care to be.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
When do we have to make that choice? Why not go for it all?
The problem comes when your standards are too high. What you see as smart and sexy might be .001% of the population, which is going to make it damn hard to find someone.

On the other hand, if you know you're settling for the sake of being with someone, you're probably going to end up miserable. Look at why people get divorced...many times, it really does come back to them knowing from the start it was the wrong person for them, but they settled so they wouldn't be alone.

wrong!
Huh. I guess it's just a wild fluke that my best friend is intelligent, well-educated, funny, and a great guy...but can't get a girlfriend to save his life because he's not "hot".

Most chicks are superficial...they just won't admit it when it comes to how they select men.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 07:11 PM

Most chicks are superficial...they just won't admit it when it comes to how they select men.
Well, uhm, and men aren't ?

I think the superficiality resides in most people of both sexes.

-t

calverson
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2009, 07:14 PM

I think the sex resides in most people of both superficiality.

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 4, 2009, 07:14 PM

of course!
well Carla.. actually guys are not that dificult to understand
We want a Gentleman, they want a CHICK.
simple.
We want them to be: . .They want us:
gentle . . . . . . . . to answer "yes babe" all the time.
civilized . . . . . . .to stay shut when they do some "smart talking"
intelligent . . . . . .not dumb but not smart enough to "beat"em
hansome . . . . . . . .super mega ultra "Hawt"

sound sad huh?
Gentlemen want ladies. "Dudes" want "chicks." Any male who fits the first three conditions you list is not a "man" by my definition. He's a boy that thinks he's "getting something" when in fact, if he's "getting" anything, it's probably a girl who's as lost and loserish as he is.

My wife said that one of the very first things I did that endeared me to her was instead of grabbing her hand as we walked together, I offered her my arm. That gave her the option of taking it or ignoring it. (I was too scared to just grab her hand. I didn't want her to think I "expected" anything but her conversation.) She is indeed a lady, through and through. But here's the payoff: that fourth condition? If you find the right person, she turns out to be super ultra mega HAWT whether you noticed it at first or not.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Well, uhm, and men aren't ?

I think the superficiality resides in most people of both sexes.

-t
That's the point - both men and women can be plenty superficial about the opposite gender. Women are just less up front about it, so that they can pretend to be better people.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 4, 2009, 07:44 PM

Touche teacher !!
He just hates it when a girl appears to be smarter than him..
HERE: all-boys-are-the-same Club haha
yeah yeah, but we still love em <3
You both missed my point. Read the few posts above mine, then read mine.

Huh. I guess it's just a wild fluke that my best friend is intelligent, well-educated, funny, and a great guy...but can't get a girlfriend to save his life because he's not "hot" confident.
Fixed™

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 4, 2009, 09:13 PM

Huh. I guess it's just a wild fluke that my best friend is intelligent, well-educated, funny, and a great guy...but can't get a girlfriend to save his life because he's not "hot" confident.
Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Fixed™
Poor confidence can come from prior experience, especially with those shallow "cute girls at school" that treat earnest guys like they have a pox if they don't have a hot car, lots of money, or other stuff the superficial ones go for. It's a vicious thing.

But you're right, confidence comes through—and overcomes, whether the guy looks like Hugh Jackman or Jack Klugman. The real trick is not to have your knees permanently knocked out from under you when you're a kid.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 09:30 PM

Nice!

The only girl that I know that likes Tool (besides my sister) is a real heavy druggie, which I try and stay away from.
I found two who love tool, and aren't druggies (or psychotic). It ain't easy.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ag0891
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2009, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Gentlemen want ladies. "Dudes" want "chicks."

But here's the payoff: that fourth condition? If you find the right person, she turns out to be super ultra mega HAWT whether you noticed it at first or not.
Very well said.
I guess it takes as much time as it takes a fruit to ripen to realize that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules