Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Visor

Visor
Kadgar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2000, 07:11 PM

I am wondering if I can use the Visor to write long things, like reports or stories for an English Class. Which would be best for this or does it matter?
Thanks!

Kadgar

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2000, 12:36 AM

I recently used my Visor to write a 2.5 page (on paper, single spaced) speech. I was using the onscreen keyboard because that is much faster than Graffiti (for me, anyways.. maybe that will change as I get better with Graffiti). Even then, it wasn't exactly flying, but not a worst- case scenario. If you buy one of those portable, folding keyboards you should be fine though. Psion PDAs all come with builtin keyboards (though mac support is bad). So, if you're going to be typing a LOT on your PDA, you might want to look into that (www.psionusa.com). Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Newton (right sine? ). They have perfect handwriting recognition, so it would be just like writing on paper (and Newtons have builtin mac serial ports, so you can print straight from it). Hope this helps!

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2000, 11:43 PM

If you get one of those fold up keyboards I bet it would go rather fast. Check PalmGear.com to see if there are any palm apps that are more like a word processor.

Kadgar  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2000, 12:24 AM

I assume a regular keyboard would work...I have limited $$$ thanks for helping out!

Forum Links
Forum Rules