Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Strange...tape in my PCMCIA slot

Strange...tape in my PCMCIA slot
nate_02
Senior User
Mar 8, 2004, 01:18 AM

I just got my PB back from repair last week and noticed that my PCMCIA slot door wouldn't close all the way. When I looked closer, there is a piece of tape inside the slot preventing it from closing. The repair people must have put it there for something and forgotten to remove it.

It won't come out from the ouside, I think I need to take it back to the Apple store. I hope they don't have to send it in again.
-nate

rsgunther
Mar 8, 2004, 10:15 PM

I just got mine back from repair and noticed when opening the door that it was rubbing something. It appears to be a piece of tape in mine also. However, my door still open & closes properly.

Tomster
Senior User
Mar 9, 2004, 03:37 AM

Which Powerbook do you have? The TiBooks had the Airport cards below the Pc Card slot and there was a tab of thin, clear plastic on the Airport card itself to facilitate removal. It is usually kept tucked away, but if they got sloppy...
Happily using a Mac since '89
MacPortable: 16Mhz 1meg/40meg System 6.0.8 - 16lbs Yeah baby!
Powerbook 17" 1.33Ghz 2GB/100GB 8x Superdrive
Powerbook 12" 867Mhz 1.125GB/80GB 2xDVD-R RPC1
MacbookPro 17" 2.33Ghz

nate_02  (op)
Senior User
Mar 9, 2004, 11:33 AM

15" Al PB
-nate

Forum Links
Forum Rules