Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Buyer Beware - The Shady Traders List

Buyer Beware - The Shady Traders List
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 21, 2006, 07:26 PM

MacNN's Markerplace forum isn't as large as the trading areas of other messages boards, such as ArsTechnica and Anandtech, so we don't have near the same number of scam attempts being made. However, they do still happen. And either it's just me or they seem to be happening more often lately.

So as a way of providing our good traders some protection, I'm creating this thread as a source for information on scammers who are known to be members of this board.

If you've been victim of a raw deal, feel free to post details here.
( Last edited by Lateralus; May 11, 2008 at 02:32 PM. )
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

sledsbehave
Senior User
Mar 21, 2006, 07:32 PM

steven landon from Michigan, he may give various cities in michigan as his address.

i set up a trade with him, he agreed to send first since he is new to this forum. he sent me a bogus tracking number today and demanded i send my end with a tracking number today or he will cancel his shipment and tell everyone here i scammed him.

after this phone conversation, i did some checking on steven landon from Michigan and it would seem there is a steven landon from Michigan that scammed somewhere near 32 people at applefritter.com see below links

http://www.applefritter.com/node/4283

http://www.applefritter.com/node/4452

he is a professional at ripping people off, and then coming up with complicated stories to cover. and very convincing.

i had debated whether to bring this up, but considering he is offering the same pismo powerbook here now that he supposedly sent to me today... it seems obvious he won't quit.

the great people at applefritter.com also found this...

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis...cNumber=307030

this is the first time i've felt the need to do anything like this, and i've done many dealings on this message board, some very recent.

i'm just glad i didn't send as he requested

if you need anymore info on this guy, feel free to PM me.
as ever,
sonny

techound1
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2006, 08:51 PM

Thanks for adding this thread!

doucy2
Senior User
Mar 21, 2006, 11:01 PM

Don't do business with either of these two guys that are on AIM their S/N are vxfilmer04 & lowcostmacs
ThinkMac.org

Mini Duo 1.66ghz 1.25gb

SSharon
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2006, 02:52 AM

Would it be effective to make a list of safe traders here. For example after a transaction both people PM Lat. or Scott and after x number of transactions they are added to the safe list.

This would be useful for some of the members here with low post counts but that are trustworthy and have actually been here a long time.

I always tell people here that they can use me as a reference, but so far no one has ever contacted me. The small PM box also means that I can't even remember some of the people here that I have done business with so it would be nice if there was a more public way of keeping track of things (rather than a text edit document on my desktop).
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

discotronic
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2006, 10:03 AM

Here is another one.

His screen name here is omar96 and his real name is Ben Funk. Here is the thread:

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=250897

There where a few of us that had a hard time getting our stuff from this guy. He goes by the name derfunkenstein on the TechReport.com forums.

He never did contact me. PayPal had to initiate the refund.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2006, 12:52 PM

A couple of resources for anyone making a deal on any forum:

http://www.pcabusers.net/forums/show...?threadid=5254

http://www.trollhunters.com/

A little homework can save you major headaches!

Bryanmc
Forum Regular
Apr 4, 2006, 01:17 PM

Don't buy from georgev.

Looks like I just got took. Will PayPal refund the money if I make a complaint or am I screwed?

neilK
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 02:39 PM

georgev = george vanier, using george.vanier at gmail dot com. encountered him through another site selling used macs. claims to be in montreal.

initially asked me to paypal the money, then agreed to a canada post COD shipment. have not heard from him since, despite many emails. last saturday learned of brianmc's situation from a link at the other website - unfortunately outside of the gmail address i have no further information to add.

today (apr 11) learned that at the same time he was closing the sale with me, he was also closing the sale with a co-worker in the very same building! watch out for this one.

theokandroid
Forum Regular
Apr 21, 2006, 01:12 AM

How can we protect ourselves via a trade? Is their some company that would take both our items and then only send them out if they're the right items, i really dont want to get screwed out of my only computer.

gromit95
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 25, 2006, 12:48 AM

Back on 03/10/06 I purchased this canon lens kit from deermatt. I got most of the stuff except for the lense bag. I emailed him numorus times. he respoded once saying he would ship it, that was the over 4 weeks ago. nothing since.
Buyer beware.
Fred

" Canon 70-200 f4L . it has seem very light use, the gllass is mint. no nicks or scratches on the body, could be confused with brand new. comes with front and rear caps, gray carrying bag, lens hood, and box. Price: $510.00 shipped"

uicandrew
Senior User
Apr 25, 2006, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by theokandroid
How can we protect ourselves via a trade? Is their some company that would take both our items and then only send them out if they're the right items, i really dont want to get screwed out of my only computer.
what Macbookprojoe and I are doing is that since we both have established macnn and ebay references on ebay, we agreed to ship them on the same day using the same shipping method

for ebay references, you can go to ebay, click on community, put in the ebay id, and send the person a message, just to verify that the forum member really is the owner of the ebay id.

i think this is a good way.

If the other guy doesn't have an ebay reference, then the person with the least number of marketplace forum references would send the item first.
Mac User since Summer 2005 (started with G4 mini bought from macnn forums!)

©öñFü$íóÑ
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2006, 04:19 AM

ugh.... trading online looks to be a headache to begin with and, imho, better to avoid altogether unless both parties are local or at least referred to by someone else they really really trust.

i don't know if anyone here knows of craigslist.org, but i was able to find stuff for my mac when i was on a serious upgrading spree a few years ago. I'm sure you can find some trustworthy people there for trading purposes. For me, the default location is in San Francisco Bay Area, but this link takes you to a listing of craigslist classifieds in such available cities.

Orlyplox
Apr 30, 2006, 09:11 PM

Don't buy from georgev.

Looks like I just got took. Will PayPal refund the money if I make a complaint or am I screwed?

Hi As far as I know Paypal will arrange a refund if you have not received the service promised, I have cancelled a few legitimate transactions without any fuss. so good luck.

Would it also be an idea for this forum to have a dedicated catagory for scams and a scammers black list...anyone in favour ?

sledsbehave
Senior User
Apr 30, 2006, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Phil Carvey
Don't buy from georgev.

Hi As far as I know Paypal will arrange a refund if you have not received the service promised, I have cancelled a few legitimate transactions without any fuss. so good luck.

Would it also be an idea for this forum to have a dedicated catagory for scams and a scammers black list...anyone in favour ?
that's what this thread is, i think, right?

that guy was in this thread already, twice by two different users. this thread doesn't really work unless you check here before dealing with someone here.
as ever,
sonny

Gamoe
Mac Elite
May 10, 2006, 02:59 AM

I suggest putting an actual list of (screen)names of bad and possibly good traders in the first post, so users don't have to read the entire thread to get those, although admittedly the thread is rather small and readable now, it may not be so later on, and it would still be easier to read as I suggest.

hickey
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2006, 10:58 PM

THIS IS A RECOMMENDATION FOR JSTEIN-EXTREMELY PLEASANT TO WORK WITH

Username: Jstein
Item bought: 512 stick of Kingston RAM
Comments: Very easy to work with, kept in contact constantly, gave me his personal information in case something went wrong. Item was exactly as described. Great price on product, he paid shipping, and it got here in 2 days! I couldn't have had a better transaction.

I highly recommend jstein.

b1NARY73
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2006, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by hickey
THIS IS A RECOMMENDATION FOR JSTEIN-EXTREMELY PLEASANT TO WORK WITH

Username: Jstein
Item bought: 512 stick of Kingston RAM
Comments: Very easy to work with, kept in contact constantly, gave me his personal information in case something went wrong. Item was exactly as described. Great price on product, he paid shipping, and it got here in 2 days! I couldn't have had a better transaction.

I highly recommend jstein.
Why do you post a highly recommended buyer in a thread titled " traders to watch out for "..just a question.
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.5GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.16GHZ Intel Core Duo / 2GB Ram / 120GB
 Macbook Black / 2.4GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB

macintologist
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by b1NARY73
Why do you post a highly recommended buyer in a thread titled " traders to watch out for "..just a question.
I'll be watching out for the good traders so I know who to deal with

hickey
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2006, 06:41 PM

well i also posted it in the good traders thread, but that is not a sticky, so its around page 3 now.

I just wanted everyone to be able to see jstein was good.

deerock
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2006, 12:33 PM

This guy Charles Rivera - he's still using the same "family's sick and/or dying" thing which at first I had compassion for - then I found that when I looked up his name - he's been using the same excuse for everybody...and not coming through with orders, canceling them, flaking out, etc.

Be very careful of this one folks -> MASTERSONICS - Charles Rivera

Derek Sample

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2006, 09:37 AM

what about buying online? i see a nice machine and nice price, but i have only ever bought through eBay, which tends to have some protections built-in.

i am very leery about buying where i have no 'middle-man'.

thoughts?

da2005pizimp
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 26, 2006, 11:08 PM

Do Not Buy From A Member Named "sprite" After Paying Him Via Paypal I Haven't Heard Back From Him. His Name On Paypal Is: Jon Cao Buyer Beware.

da2005pizimp
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 5, 2006, 05:06 PM

i spoke to paypal today b/c i only got a refund of 1.48 and basically what they told me is that in 90 days if he doesn't give me my money back they will turn him over to a credit agency and if he doesn't pay them his credit score will get f'd. so sprite if you reading this have fun trying to get a credit card or a house with a credit score of like 4. best bet is to give me my money back. oh also paypal said if he doesn't pay the credit agency they will prosecute them. so sprite have fun oh and his name for everyone out there is Jon Cao once again if anyone knows his phone number or address please please pass it along to me. thanks.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2006, 01:11 AM

Beware of a kid named

Brandon DiBona
Yorktown Heights, NY
[email protected]
www.myspace.com/thebrandondibonaexperience
AIM: bona6491

Scammed me out of $104.00 for a Apple BT KB & Might Mouse.

If anyone can dig up any other info on this guy, please let me know.

Thanks
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Oct 28, 2006, 08:39 PM

We had a deal set up, I was to trade a Dell Optiplex GX100 for his iBook that was in rough condition, we agreed on it and agreed on ship dates of monday, but since i have access to a UPS shipper account i figured id just drop it off at the UPS drop box so it would go out monday morning, and i tell him im running to walmart to drop it off now an hour after the deal was finalized. I get this PM, I was lucky i didnt go into walmart like i was gonna

Originally Posted by zachmorrow
hello neisha,
i am sorry for this inconvience (and for my self) i cannot trade this item any longer. It is damaged to the point that it is trashed!!!! when i was packing it for shipment i had it on the edge my counter, didnt even come to mind, i put my stuff there. I was packing up everything, next thing i knew...it was on the ground literally in pieces, i dont feel good trading this, regardless of wut you say. So im just going to recycle it. Sorry!!!! i feel really bad, but as i said above i dont feel confortable trading this ibook in this condition. Terrible sorry!!! p.s: i was kinda looking forward to that dell also, but i guess that is what happens! good bye!
I was going to give the 15 year old a chance but not when stuff like this happens

Here is also the IM transcript

7:59 PM
brokecollege04:Id like the airport card then
8:00 PM
brokecollege04:I will give you a basic dell system for just the airport card
brokecollege04:i want the RAM, the Hard drive and airport card, along with the power brick
morr1991:no
morr1991:im not doing anything
morr1991:i have already told you
morr:1991im am sorry
brokecollege04:well im reporting this as a scam then
8:05 PM
brokecollege04:because thats what it was
morr1991:it isnt
brokecollege04:you got scared
morr1991:of what
morr1991:ok
morr1991:im not going to argue
brokecollege04:you can sell me the airport card and the ram and the hard drive out of it
brokecollege1991:cuz those dont just get damaged from a fall
morr1991:no im doing anything
morrr1991:yes it does
brokecollege04:you have no way of testing it
morr1991:when it drop from that height
morr1991:barley screwed in
brokecollege04:how completely stupid are you
morr1991:it busted apart ma'am
brokecollege04:ill offer you 50 bucks for whats left
morr1991:literel
brokecollege04:the airport card dont bust apart
morr1991:literally
morr1991:i no
morr1991:the card doesnt
brokecollege04:i want the airport card then
brokecollege04:ill pay you cash for it
morr1991:i have thrown it away
brokecollege04:sorry for the inconvience on both ends
brokecollege04: I dont appreciate being lied to
brokecollege04: can you produce pics of it in pieces
morr1991:that is destoryed also
morr1991:take my word
brokecollege04roduce pics please
morr1991:im not lieing
brokecollege04:we had a deal
brokecollege04:and you chickened out
brokecollege04:and now your lying to cover your butt up
morr1991:i dont have a digital camera the was on top of the ibook while i was packaging it
brokecollege04:lies lies and more lies
morr1991:when the ibook falls the camera fell because it was on top of it
morr1991:sorry miss
brokecollege04: this is really fishy how we had a deal and it mysteriously falls along with your digital camera falling and getting destroyed.
morr1991: im not lieing everything was destroyed and i have thrown it away

It just seems odd that after a deal is made and addresses are exchanged and then the item and the camera to take pictures of the item gets destroyed and all of a sudden is thrown away.. something isnt right here. He refused to take pics of the broken iBook or even accept any offers on the left over parts, he claimed it was all junk and he threw it away, now come on people what kind of person throws away a mac that could have perfectly good parts in it?? Just dont want anyone else to get scammed by this yahoo... I had everything packed and ready to ship to him.. was gonna drop it in the USPS mail in the morning.. Glad I didnt.. Dont need to be scammed.. He almost scammed me out of a 566mhz Celeron Dell system for his iBook that he supposedly has and has been destroyed

Zachary Morrow
2220 Valley View Dr.
Rocky River OH 44116
aim:morr1991
thats his info
( Last edited by brokecollegestudentF04; Oct 28, 2006 at 08:57 PM. Reason: content and grammar)

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Oct 29, 2006, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by cjrivera View Post
Beware of a kid named

Brandon DiBona
Yorktown Heights, NY
[email protected]
www.myspace.com/thebrandondibonaexperience
AIM: bona6491

Scammed me out of $104.00 for a Apple BT KB & Might Mouse.

If anyone can dig up any other info on this guy, please let me know.

Thanks
Hes on AIM all the time. but he dont respond to anybody

nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2006, 10:07 PM

illegaloperation

He COMPLETELY ripped me off, about to start a thread...
Lincoln Navigator-2006/Power features/Black/DVD/Limited Edition/Lincoln SoundMark

motherofrsandborn1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 10:41 PM

Please be aware that Steven Landon (aka) rsandborn1 is using an account called brokecollege studentF04 to trade and sell equipment. I am certain it is him or him using his friends account as the member is from Owosso Michigan, has a friend named nisha, talks about a ibook he painted light blue (with posted pictures) and refers to his sister and a new computer purchase hardware problem she had. all of this info fits to a "T". He may also be using a couple of other screen names but I will not mention as I can not verify this.

Administrators and or moderators please contact me at my e-mail address to discuss this. I can not get e-mails out to you, they keep coming back. Also could not post due to my earlier request. Had to use another computer to post this message. I need to tell you who I think the other aka screen names may be. I am hoping you can trace them to one computer or service provider.

Thankyou

Mother of rsandborn1

P.S. sledsbehave, disregard my instant messages. I was able to post on another computer afterall.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 14, 2006, 12:24 AM

I have done nothing but be honest on here my boyfriend and who he is, is none of anyones concern here.. I have completed deals with da2003pizimp everything went smoothly and he will attest to that. my boyfriend does not access my accounts as he does not know my passwords, nor would I ever give them to him. I am the one that painted the iBook blue.. and we showed his mother. Now I have done nothing wrong here. And do not appreciate being attacked in that fashion.. Now please Mrs. Landon please leave my dealings alone as my membership has nothing to do with you or your son. I am allowed to be a member on any forum I do so choose and shouldnt have to be attacked by my own boyfriends mother.

Originally Posted by motherofrsandborn1 View Post
Please be aware that Steven Landon (aka) rsandborn1 is using an account called brokecollege studentF04 to trade and sell equipment. I am certain it is him or him using his friends account as the member is from Owosso Michigan, has a friend named nisha, talks about a ibook he painted light blue (with posted pictures) and refers to his sister and a new computer purchase hardware problem she had. all of this info fits to a "T". He may also be using a couple of other screen names but I will not mention as I can not verify this.

Administrators and or moderators please contact me at my e-mail address to discuss this. I can not get e-mails out to you, they keep coming back. Also could not post due to my earlier request. Had to use another computer to post this message. I need to tell you who I think the other aka screen names may be. I am hoping you can trace them to one computer or service provider.

Thankyou

Mother of rsandborn1

P.S. sledsbehave, disregard my instant messages. I was able to post on another computer afterall.

motherofrsandborn1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2006, 05:08 AM

HE HAS YOUR PASSWORD, And yes he is using your account. Wake up girl! He is...... a past scammer.

Yes it is everyones concern, members on this forum are potential victims of Stevens scamming.

Go to apple fritter, search Steven Landon

Members if you read the post by brokencollegestudentF04 you can tell which post are Stevens and wich post belong to the owner of the account. Can't tell if anyone has been cheated by him under this new account, but then the again the account is new. If you hate scammers like your post say you do and feel the authorities should be called when others are scammed than why are you not encouraging Steven to return the stuff he stole from applefritter members.

You may be as honest as the day is long, but Stevens reputation on these forums have identified his integrity. If you don't want caught in his antics, change your password and do not give it to him, Don't let him see you type it in. Don't let him get info off your equipment when he works on those computers you say you are trading.

STEVEN proudly showed off the computer HE said he painted claiming it was his. YOU did not dispute this statement.
Account was started right after STEVEN moved to Ososso. After he was banned earlier

Proof he is using your account below:
Exact same situation happened to HIS sister, The odds of this happening to his siter and yours at the same time are highly unlikely.

11-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Replies: 5
CS2/Macromedia MX2004 on MBP C2D
Views: 194
Posted By brokecollegestudentF04
My sister had CS2 installed on a Mac Mini Core...

My sister had CS2 installed on a Mac Mini Core Duo with 2 gigs of ram, and it was barely useable, she took the mini back and bought a 1.67ghz PowerBook G4 to tide her over until CS was universal

Mother of rsandborn1

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 14, 2006, 03:19 PM

I have not scammed anyone, and Like I said before steven does not have any of my passwords.. And I traded some equipment on here with da2003pizimp and he got his equipment and I got mine, I also dealt with railroader who was local. Now you please stay out of my buisness, Im going to report this harassing antics to the moderators which will get you banned

Railroader
Banned
Nov 14, 2006, 11:00 PM

brokecollegestudentF04 is a very reputable seller!

I have bought three items and they are better than advertised. I got a b & w tower, a iMac, and a 17" studio display for about $140 and I could not be happier. Included all hardware accessories.

Awesome seller!

Railroader
Banned
Nov 14, 2006, 11:01 PM

BTW: I have been on here since 1999 under the nickname "Kilbey".

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 14, 2006, 11:13 PM

railroader is also a very good guy to deal with

trainboy72
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2006, 06:45 PM

thanks for this list, it's a really good starting point

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2006, 09:43 AM

Is there any conclusion on brokecollegestudentF04? I was in a deal with her, got a money order, but I haven't mailed it yet and haven't heard back from her as to whether or not the deal is still on.

Scammer or not?

UPDATE:

Less than an hour after I posted this message, brokecollegestudentF04 sent me a PM telling me that she had other things to deal with, which was why the response was so delayed. She asked me to edit this post, and to send the money as the deal was still on.

I sent a reply saying that I hoped she could understand my hesitation at completing the deal, considering what I had read here - I requested her to send me a photo of the item I wanted (an LCD cable), and to put a handwritten piece of paper in the photo with her username and zip code written on the paper, as a way to confirm her identity and that she did indeed have the item I was looking for. I also mentioned that if she couldn't do that, the deal was off and I'd leave this post here until someone else could confirm that she was a legitimate user/trader/seller.

She immediately sent me an enraged response that I was threatening her and told me she was reporting me to the mods.

Make what you will of this, but I would stay away. I'm assuming at this point that something was shady about the deal; had everything been legitimate and above the line on this, I feel that she would have willingly sent me the image I requested, and the transaction would have gone smoothly. I don't think my request was unreasonable - I was just trying to confirm her identity and item.

To brokecollegestudentF04 - I'm sorry it turned out this way. It was not my intention whatsoever to upset you, and had you not sent the response you sent to me, we could have settled this in a non-public way, rather than a forum such as this thread.
( Last edited by shifuimam; Dec 19, 2006 at 11:44 AM. )
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 30, 2006, 01:09 AM

hmm... I'm actually doing a trade with brokecollegestudentF04 as well.

I was selling a sony digital camera and she was interested. link

Just minutes ago, we agreed on trading my camera with her crucial brand 512MB RAM.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Dec 31, 2006, 12:42 AM

Kenneth.. Your ram will be in the mail monday morning with delivery confirmation

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Dec 31, 2006, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
brokecollegestudentF04 is a very reputable seller!

I have bought three items and they are better than advertised. I got a b & w tower, a iMac, and a 17" studio display for about $140 and I could not be happier. Included all hardware accessories.

Awesome seller!
I am not a scammer

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by brokecollegestudentF04 View Post
I am not a scammer
You do realize that I was extremely careful to NOT accuse you of being a scammer. I laid out what happened so that others would be aware of what happened in our failed transaction.

I'm very sorry that things ended the way they did, and if you are able to participate in enough legitimate transactions to build up a good reputation in the marketplace, I think that's excellent for you.

amanmann
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 13, 2007, 04:36 PM

Hi,
I'm new at doing transactions at macnn.. I wanted to know that if i register with paypal and pay up through my credit card for the desired product.. Are there still chances to somebody scamming me... And also would the credit card company cover for the fraud if commited...
Really appreciate any help as i'm looking forward to making some purchases here... THanks

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2007, 11:20 PM

okie... the story continues... I PM Lateralus with the following;

Hi,

I believe that member brokecollegestudentF04 is a horrible seller/buyer and even a trader. First of all, she agreed to buy my $35 sony 1.3MP digital camera weeks before Christmas, but failed to close the deal. Later, we agree to do a trade, she sends me the 512mb RAM and then I send her the camera. It failed without a word.

I even showed him/her my ebay feedback just to proof that I'm a trustworthy. When I posted something about him/her on the MarketPlace, he/she fired back a PM and didn't like what I wrote there.

I don't really mind that I don't get the RAM or selling the camera but member brokecollegestudentF04 is just fishy.

Regards,
Kenneth

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

Hi,

I believe that member brokecollegestudentF04 is a horrible seller/buyer and even a trader. First of all, she agreed to buy my $35 sony 1.3MP digital camera weeks before Christmas, but failed to close the deal. Later, we agree to do a trade, she sends me the 512mb RAM and then I send her the camera. It failed without a word.

I even showed him/her my ebay feedback just to proof that I'm a trustworthy. When I posted something about him/her on the MarketPlace, he/she fired back a PM and didn't like what I wrote there.

I don't really mind that I don't get the RAM or selling the camera but member brokecollegestudentF04 is just fishy.

Regards,
Kenneth
That is unfortunate news. I was hoping that brokecollegestudentF04 could redeem herself in the marketplace through transactions with you and others. Oh well.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Jan 24, 2007, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

Hi,

Regards,
Kenneth

Well my bf went over to weazberts place in grand rapids with his friend and bought 23 iMacs from him last night Paid Cash as well.. so that should be enough to redeem me.. I dont see how I am fishy. We are a 2 person operation buying macs in bulk repairing them and reselling them just trying to make it like everyone else

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by MadMike77
Norwell Man Alleged to Have Stolen $50K from Hingham Company
Webhigh, why not stop this post and run on MacNN and AppleTalker (and who knows where else) and actually stick around to fully explain yourself?

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by brokecollegestudentF04 View Post
Well my bf went over to weazberts place in grand rapids with his friend and bought 23 iMacs from him last night Paid Cash as well.. so that should be enough to redeem me.. I dont see how I am fishy. We are a 2 person operation buying macs in bulk repairing them and reselling them just trying to make it like everyone else
That may be, but this is the second time you've inexplicably dropped out of a transaction in the marketplace. If some more people can confirm that you are legitimate, this will be a non-issue.

wallock
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2007, 12:38 AM

Deleted post
( Last edited by wallock; Jul 12, 2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: delete)

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 30, 2007, 12:10 AM

brokecollegestudentF04 is currently being discussed. I apologize for the length of time this took. If anyone has any specific and detailed information that will help the moderators make a decision, please send it to me in a private message.

Thank you,

Scott
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

f1000
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2007, 03:34 AM

I seem to recall that there's software available that can identify whether two essays were written by the same author. Such software has been used to prove that students had cheated on an exam, that a passage was/was not written by Shakespeare, etc.

I'd like to suggest that MacNN implement such software to weed out ban jumpers. It might quickly identify repeat con artists such as identified in this thread as well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules