Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > MS Explorer windows size and the Dock

MS Explorer windows size and the Dock
aloner
Oct 2, 2002, 12:48 PM

I like to use Explorer full screen when surfing the Web.

However, when I minimize Explorer to the dock and later click on its icon again, it doesn�t open full screen, instead it reduces the window size to prevent overlapping with the dock.

Is there any way to prevent this behaviour?. I hate resizing the Explorer window manually every now and then.
Why doesn�t Explorer retain the windows size?

Thanks

Anomalous
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2002, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by aloner:
I like to use Explorer full screen when surfing the Web.

However, when I minimize Explorer to the dock and later click on its icon again, it doesn�t open full screen, instead it reduces the window size to prevent overlapping with the dock.

Is there any way to prevent this behaviour?. I hate resizing the Explorer window manually every now and then.
Why doesn�t Explorer retain the windows size?

Thanks
Most people complain if it *doesn't* do this - people don't like it when windows overlap the Dock. So I think this is unlikely to change - but have you tried turning on the Dock's auto-hide feature? That might help.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2002, 07:12 PM

How big is your dock? (ha ha) Too big if you need the extra real estate to comfortably view webpages. Dang.

This is a feature. I hate when stuff gets in the way of the dock. Illustrator isn't dock aware as far as I can tell, and it bugs the crap out of me.

aloner  (op)
Oct 3, 2002, 02:02 PM

I mean overlapping with the dock, but staying behind it. That�s the whole purpose of having a transparent dock.
Anyway, I hate it and would love to have an option to turn off this feature

Forum Links
Forum Rules