Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Bluetooth Mouse

Bluetooth Mouse
Acapella75
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2003, 10:12 PM

Are there any mice that use bluetooth technology? I want to get one when I get my new PB. Thanks in advance.

Lawrence

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2003, 10:23 PM

the one i know of for sure is made by Microsoft, but i hear it has problems with OSX with the current drivers. Other than that, the only one i have seen is on www.cellink.com.tw and that site doesnt have much information (or a price). It also includes a USB bluetooth adapter, like the microsoft model, which seems pointless for the new PBs, but it does include rechargable batteries. if anyone else hears anything, i'd also like to know.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2003, 10:30 PM

I don't think of Bluetooth as a peripheral technology. I think it's best suited for connecting to T68i's. Personally, I love the Logitech MX700. It's bulky, but the tracking quality is unmatched by any other cordless mouse.

www.macally.com

Their wireless mouse includes a travel adapter you might like.

Avon
Senior User
Jan 27, 2003, 10:33 PM

I also want a Bluetooth mouse for my powerbook, but when I went to the store to find something, all I found was that horrendous microsoft mouse. No mention of Mac compatibility on the box, and the blue tooth adapter it includes was huge so I went for a mouse with a tail.

I can't wait till a nice blue tooth mouse comes out.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 27, 2003, 10:38 PM

Peripherals, not powerbooks.
Thanks.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

Acapella75  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2003, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by vmarks:
Peripherals, not powerbooks.
Thanks.
Sorry.

douthat
Jan 27, 2003, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
I love the Logitech MX700. It's bulky, but ...
I love the size of the MX700. I've been using the Logitech dual optical for a while now, and its shape has been better for me than any other mouse I've ever used. That said, I went to CompUSA and tried out the MX700, and I have to say its feel is awesome. So if I were to rank the best mouse feel, I would go with MX700, Dual Optical, and then the MX500..

I think a mouse should be of significant mass and support the whole hand, but that's just my preference I guess

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2003, 11:24 PM

The MX sensor is nothing short of amazing. I would not get the outgoing MouseMan Dual Optical now that the newer models are out.

When I said the MX700 is bulky, I was referring to its cradle.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2003, 01:03 AM

I've heard people say the Microsoft bluetooth mouse will work with Macs when they ship with the Bluetooth Serial Utility and the Bluetooth Setup Assistant. Well, the modified version of 10.2.3 that ships on the 12" AlBook has these applications installed, so does that mean the mouse will work?

Acapella75  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2003, 01:12 AM

Originally posted by itai195:
I've heard people say the Microsoft bluetooth mouse will work with Macs when they ship with the Bluetooth Serial Utility and the Bluetooth Setup Assistant. Well, the modified version of 10.2.3 that ships on the 12" AlBook has these applications installed, so does that mean the mouse will work?
I hope it does because I an right handed like the majority of the world. Aplle chose to put the ports on the Left side of the new 12" PB. Can you say bone head move...

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2003, 01:48 AM

Well many laptops have the USB ports on the left side... You can always use a USB hub or an extension cable if your cord isn't long enough...

Or this

Avon
Senior User
Jan 28, 2003, 07:57 PM

didn't he mention in the keynote it had two usb ports, one on the left and another on the right???

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2003, 08:44 PM

The 17" has them on both sides, the 12" only has ports on the left, same as the iBook.

Forum Links
Forum Rules