Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > NewerTech's Guardian MAXimus?

NewerTech's Guardian MAXimus?
MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2007, 04:41 PM

I'm in the market to pickup an external drive - 500gig and I stumbled upon the MAXimus over at OWC.

Any users of the drive, the hardware RAID I caught my eye and this would increase the data integrity of my files. A little more money then I was willing to spend. I'm curious to see what the feed back on this drive is from actual users.

I'm an amateur photographer and was going to get an external drive to backup my aperture library, photoshop files and misc files. I already do this, but the external drive I have now is getting long in the tooth and is making some disturbing sounds.

Thanks in Advance

vasu
Senior User
Jul 23, 2007, 02:23 AM

we have a MAXimus at work attached to our xserve. so far we've been very happy with it, amazing bang for the buck for hardware RAID1.

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2007, 07:31 AM

I agree,
While I could get away with a cheaper solutions, i.e., just an external drive the hardware level RAID I means the photos and files that are extremely important to me are that much safer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules