Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > eyeHome and iMac G3 DV (450 MHz)

eyeHome and iMac G3 DV (450 MHz)
dscottbuch
Dec 28, 2004, 11:26 PM

Just thought I'd post the following. Don't know if this is the right place.

I just got the eyeHome for Xmas and love it. I was serving it from by G4 1.5GHz laptop and was planning on replacing my old iMac DV (450MHz) with a new G5 iMac to complete the home installation. Before doing this I copied the EyeHome.app over to the G3 for grins and, of course, it would launch. I then started poking around in the EyeHome App that does the serving I found the script file EyeHomeLauncher in .app/Contents/MacOS. I double clicked on this, it launched in a terminal and the EyeHome server was up and running. Everything seems to work very well. I was serving music while using Safari to do mail and importing photos into iPhoto with no problems. I served a couple of different movies with not problem while copying files to my laptop.

Just thought I'd share this.

Cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules