Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > White Mac notebook problems

White Mac notebook problems
yoanna2269
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2008, 07:20 PM

I have a white Mac notebook and, I love it, when it's working. A few months ago I had a hardware problem and I have to have the motherboard replace. Thank God I bought extended warranty. A couple of months ago I started having problems downloading up dates and, my computer began freezing up on me for no apparent reason. Two days ago when I went to use it to process some invoices, I was greeted by a screen of colourful vertical and horizontal lines????? I called for help and, after trying several things, I was told it was a hardware problem. I am trying to get my computer in to a technician to have it fixed. Has anyone else had this problem and, if you have, what was the solution and, how long were you without your computer? I manage and own several business and, I cannot be without my computer for any long period of time.

Cold Warrior
Sep 14, 2008, 08:56 PM

The lines sound like a hardware problem. When did you purchase this notebook and what is its processor (CPU) speed?

I would definitely send it back to Apple.

Dual Porpoise
Forum Regular
Sep 14, 2008, 09:37 PM

If your business relies on your computer, you should consider a backup for just this kind of occasion - a cheap older mini or something would do, so that you could continue to operate if you main machine goes down.

stevebez
Sep 17, 2008, 06:49 AM

You, should, also, consider, a, few, less, commas, in, your, writing. It makes things hard to read. A clean short sentence always conveys your thought better. Adding "and," does not eliminate the run-on sentence. Come to think of it, I cant think of a situation where "and," is correct grammar.

Everything else being equal, honing your grammar will increase your income.

I hope I didn't come off as too much of a jerk. My intention is to help.

calverson
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by stevebez View Post
Come to think of it, I cant think of a situation where "and," is correct grammar.
What about:

I want some apples, and, should they be fresh, some pears?

My grammer are bad so I might be wrong.

PS: We must not forget our friend the period. Otherwise we run into things like this:

Yesterday I went and purchased a new iPod and I found it to be nice and then it broke and then I took it to the store and then they said that they needed to send it somewhere and this annoyed me and I think that they should give me a new one and I don't know what you guys think and I was hoping if anyone has had a similar experience and are you still reading this sentence?

Forum Links
Forum Rules