Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Bar Graphing in Excel and Numbers. WTH.

Bar Graphing in Excel and Numbers. WTH.
Jolt21
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2008, 10:20 AM

This is ridiculous. Both applications are beginning to frustrate me. I work in a lab and need to create bar graphs. Numbers was really simple and it looked great....but they dont have error bars in numbers, which makes it useless in the research field. Excel 08 was almost as simple, but its only giving me horizontal bar graphs which are also a no-no. I can't figure out how to make the bars vertical. Someone please tell me this is possible.
blah

Jolt21  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2008, 10:22 AM

nevermind. stupid me. they called them Column graphs. dumb excel.
blah

mduell
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2008, 01:39 PM

Note that in the 2008 interface there are a few pages (depends how wide your screen is) of graph types available.

MartiNZ
Senior User
Aug 28, 2008, 07:46 AM

Yeah for some reason Excel has always found the need to differ from .. Everyone else in the world on this with the column graph terminology. It was fine before office 2008 though, as column was offered as the default.. Now with the annoying elements gallery interface it's all in alphabetical order, and bar comes before column, which I can totally see causing confusion!

Forum Links
Forum Rules