Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Business Card Me

Business Card Me
travisimo
Sep 16, 2007, 11:07 PM

Instead of wasting hours of my life rummaging through the google massacre I decided to let someone in the know guide me to the safe place in which i search.

I need a place, excuse me, THE place to print quality business cards. I'm seeking, more specifically, a wider shorter card with rounded edges, matte black, with a silver foil stamp of my logo on the front and 3 color printing of the information on the back.

Any takers? Thanks in advance!

Travis Stevens

iranfromthezoo
Senior User
Sep 17, 2007, 12:18 AM

i`d recommend psprint.com they are the best company I have ever used. The guys there are the best with the best quality I have found. They always make sure everything is right before anything.

Color brochure printing, business cards, postcards, calendars,posters, flyers and more

andi*pandi
Sep 17, 2007, 05:14 PM

there is a very long thread in here about business card printers.

::rummages::

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Sep 17, 2007, 11:23 PM

Andi is right. But, seeing what you are looking for is very specialized- matte, foil, 3 spot, 2 sided, rounded.... I highly recommend visiting a local printing company to discuss your options. I would NEVER trust such a sophisticated card to an internet faceless company.

There are plenty of quality mom and pops that have been doing this for years.

travisimo  (op)
Sep 19, 2007, 03:24 PM

really? hrm.. i actually though mom and pops wouldn't provide ALL the services i require so i didn't even bother looking. I am i knoxville which is only a small drive from nashville which has the largest print industry of the south... i feel dumb hahaha

travisimo  (op)
Sep 19, 2007, 03:26 PM

oh btw, here is a visual

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 19, 2007, 04:21 PM

That is a rad card. I like very much.

(Except for that little language freak in me who is secretly a bit miffed that ‘travisimo’ should, for authenticity, be either ‘travissimo’ or ‘travísimo’. But that’s nitpicking at best.)

travisimo  (op)
Sep 19, 2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks for the kind words, i'm intrigued now as to why exactly, for authenticity, it needs to be either or. Please explain and thank you in advance.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 19, 2007, 05:29 PM

Well, “for authenticity” was perhaps a bad wording. I just meant that if your intention is to add the Spanish/Portuguese/Italian absolute superlative suffix to your name (“Travis to the max”, so to speak), it would please the language freaks such as myself immensely to see either the Spanish/Portuguese ending -ísimo or the Italian ending -issimo (or even the Latin ending -issimus), rather than an Anglicised -isimo.

I didn’t mean for it to come off as rude, if that’s how it read.

travisimo  (op)
Sep 19, 2007, 05:43 PM

No, absolutely not rude at all. Informative and I thank you for it. As they say, You learn something new every day.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2007, 11:39 PM

The thing is- the local shops know and have access to anything specialty. Honestly, the only thing it would be sent out for is the foil, but they would to the rest in-house. Internet sites tend to specialize in one kind of card becuase the print everybody at the same time on the same sheet with the same finish. it's full color process, no spot, no matte.

The die cut would be the first to throw them off. Then, it goes down hill.

I'm thinking the card would be 3 spot + black and the other side is black + dull varnish, when it's printed the foil will need to knock out of the black and the varn so that the foil will adhere. The foil will need to be done by a good stamping company due to the intricacy. It's quite a pricey card really. Beware if you get a cheap price.
( Last edited by KeriVit; Sep 19, 2007 at 11:47 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules