Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > pocket pc syncing

pocket pc syncing
drews85
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2003, 08:40 PM

i was wondering who uses a poclet pc with their mac i have a powerbook and a viewsonic v36 and was wondering who has used eithe the missing sync or the pocketmac 3.0 software? which is better? and can you just use a sd card to backup files?

torifile
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2003, 10:20 PM

I've used both the Missing Sync and PM3. I prefer the Missing Sync, but for no good reason. PM3 does the job very well. And you can use the SD card as a backup.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2003, 07:57 AM

I used the latest missing sync but it hosed up my re-occuring appointments. I had to hard reset

I've only used version 2 of pocketmac, buggy as it was for some, i never really had any problems with it. I haven't upgraded yet to version 3.

Mike

torifile
Mac Elite
Dec 16, 2003, 08:54 AM

Originally posted by Maflynn:
I used the latest missing sync but it hosed up my re-occuring appointments. I had to hard reset

I've only used version 2 of pocketmac, buggy as it was for some, i never really had any problems with it. I haven't upgraded yet to version 3.

Mike
PM3 is very different from PM2. I started a thread here a while ago blasting PM2. Now, I can actually recommend PM3 to people I like and not feel guilty. It's a good program.

drews85  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2003, 12:40 PM

anyone else have any insight on the two? do i even need to cync with my computer or will i be fine using it as a solo product, i mean i dont really use i cal or addresse book as it is but i thought it might be nice to start using them with my pda

bmhome1
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2003, 03:14 PM

The other viable option is to use Virtual PC, which syncs the PPC with Outlook, installs any .exe installer application available and allows updaters, etc. for the Pocket PC. It works exceptionally well for me.

drews85  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 17, 2003, 11:43 PM

i like that idea where can i find out more about virtual pc? can you run pc programs within virtual pc?

Forum Links
Forum Rules