Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Got an iMac G3......I LOVE THIS THING

Got an iMac G3......I LOVE THIS THING
Bandit240
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2005, 07:19 PM

Ive been thinking of getting a Apple computer for awile now but never did. Well i found an iMac for $250 down in charleston sc. So far this thing is great, ive got iCab for internet with my phone companys internet connection. Next i tink ill pick up a G3 clamshell iBook for going back and forth between Tn and SC.

Specs
333mhz
96mb ram
6gb hd
Mac OS9
Blueberry (looks green)

Soon ill be adding more ram and an external 6gb hd

My old computer was a HP with an AMD 500mhz 120mb ram Win 98

Commodus
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2005, 07:32 PM

Man, if you can tolerate OS 9 and an iMac G3, I wonder what you'd do with a Mac mini or iMac G5?

I have to admit that I always have a sentimental spot for the iMac G3 in my mind. It's not just that it helped Apple... it's that it seems so complete and friendly!
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

T. Diddy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2005, 07:35 PM

congrats. wow...a tray loader. i sold mine a year ago. i just got my clamshell 3 days ago.

G5 Dual 2.0 | 23" Cinema HD | 12" PowerBook G4 1.33 superdrive | 12" iBook G3 900 | clamshell iBook 366 | iPod shuffle 1G

Bandit240  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2005, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by Commodus:
Man, if you can tolerate OS 9 and an iMac G3, I wonder what you'd do with a Mac mini or iMac G5?

I have to admit that I always have a sentimental spot for the iMac G3 in my mind. It's not just that it helped Apple... it's that it seems so complete and friendly!

Right now with my HP the way it is, i'd use my old Macintosh SE if it had a modem. Im still learning the features of everything. Just found AIM for Mac has a thing where it will read out the incomeing messages.

BTW my AIM name is B11Sentra if anyone wants it.

Bandit240  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2005, 08:18 PM

Also i dont see how anyone could stand that little round apple mouse. Frist thing today was to get a nice optical with a scroll wheel. Gotta love wal-mart for $24.

BTW anyone got a USB floppy drive for sale cheap?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 28, 2005, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by Bandit240:
What is that ?
What does it do ?
Can it make coffee ?

-t

discotronic
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2005, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by Bandit240:
Also i dont see how anyone could stand that little round apple mouse. Frist thing today was to get a nice optical with a scroll wheel. Gotta love wal-mart for $24.

What do you mean by cheap? I have one that has only been used 2-3 times. I can send you a pic if you want. Privite mail me with your email address or just click email at the top of this message and we can discuss it. If I'm not mistaken I have a 128MB SO-DIMM memory module. Maybe make a deal on all of it. Privite mail me with your email address or just click email at the top of this message and we can discuss it.
( Last edited by discotronic; Jan 28, 2005 at 09:02 PM. )

drews85
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2005, 10:17 AM

if your machine can run os x, i definitly recomend you try and install it, it will make your computer seem completely fdiffeent, i keep meaning on installing os xon my old g3 tower

nyarlaho
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2005, 01:05 AM

Why install OS X on old computers like that? Unless you can add lots of ram to it, I don't see any reason why. My 128 MB, 350 Mhz Imac purrs along just fine with OS 9. It hardly ever crashes and is nice and snappy.

Commodus
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2005, 11:54 AM

Seeing as how he'd need to buy MacOS X, it would actually be cheaper to sell the iMac G3 and pick up a Mac mini + CRT!
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

Forum Links
Forum Rules