Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Sony Ericsson T610 phone questions re: iSync/Address Book/iCal in Tiger 10.4

Sony Ericsson T610 phone questions re: iSync/Address Book/iCal in Tiger 10.4
Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jun 10, 2005, 08:41 PM

I currently have a Sony Ericsson K700i. It does what I need it to do, but I've had to send it in twice now. The last time they sent me a brand new phone so I'm tempted to just sell it and get a T610, cuz I can get the latter for just $25 from my carrier, and the K700i's camera is so bad anyway that it's of no use to me. (I never use the stereo because I don't want to use their headphones, and ditto for the FM radio.)

I actually used to own the T610, but sold it a long long time ago, but I was wondering how it does in Tiger.

I'm most interested in:

1) Address Book phone number syncing - One name, multiple numbers.
2) iCal syncing, with both standard events and all-day events.
3) Bluetooth support.

It'd be nice to get email address too, but that's no big deal if it's not supported.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2005, 09:11 PM

I have a T610 and I can confirm that it supports everything you asked about. It's a nice little phone. My only complaints are ...

1. The volume on the phone itself isn't that loud. Better than the T68i I used to own but nothing like the various flip phones I see around. I've mitigated this by using the Jabra Bluetooth headset ... which is needed anyway because the small size of the phone is great for portability but bad for actual talking.

2. I really wish the phone would add some sort of separator between the digits of a phone number that is dialed or on an incoming call. As it stands now it just displays a string of numbers ... e.g. 13144568973. Now quickly glance at that and determine what the phone number is w/o the area code. PITA huh? Would be so much nicer if it did 1-314-456-8973 or even 1 314 456 8973. But hey .... they didn't ask me.

OAW

waffffffle
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2005, 11:15 PM

I have a T637 and a T610. Both work great with iSync but they don't support syncing of Address Book pictures, which is my one gripe.

Also, I strongly recommend a T63x model over a T610. The newer phone is much faster and more responsive, and is an overall better phone.

DavidHossack
Forum Regular
Jun 11, 2005, 10:07 PM

1. The volume on the phone itself isn't that loud. Better than the T68i I used to own but nothing like the various flip phones I see around. I've mitigated this by using the Jabra Bluetooth headset ... which is needed anyway because the small size of the phone is great for portability but bad for actual talking.
I found that there is a way to hold the phone to your ear that makes it a lot clearer. Angle the phone so the top edge is to your ear. The speaker seems to work best that way.

The T630 doesn't have the classic looks of the T610 - Thats why I went for, and really like, my T610 that I got a short while ago as a replacement for my T68i
David.

Eug Wanker  (op)
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jun 12, 2005, 03:44 PM

Yeah, I do remember the T610 being slow, and it might be a bit of an issue considering I have the K700i right now.

However, the key point is I can get the T610 for $25, and I'll sell my brand new K700i with extra battery and charger for some good coin.

I'm off to get the T610... Thx guys.

It should hold me until at least the iTunes phone, or later, when a great all-in-one with Bluetooth and excellent camera comes out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules