Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > ...Random AIM errors...

...Random AIM errors...
cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2004, 02:32 AM

Hey all you helpful fellow mac-lovers. The last problem I posted I was able to get a quick solution that worked and I am hoping for the same this time around too. A lot of mac gurus around here.

Anyways what I have been experiencing is a problem in aim. I have the latest version 4.6 or whatever for mac and I also have the latest os x version. What happens is I am using aim and then suddenly, for no apparent reason at all, it quits... I can leave it on and not type a thing and it quits ,... I can open aim and use it normally and works for bout 10 minutes and it quits... nothing I do affects It. I tried deleting aim from applications folder ( I do not know how to completely uinstall programs if it doesn't come with an uninstaller in the installer file).

This is the window that pops up when aim crashes and I tried looking on aol's webpage for help but they have no information on this error message.

any help is appreciated, I am tired of losing important conversations...

thanks.
( Last edited by cold aspiration; Jan 25, 2004 at 06:48 PM. )

proton
Senior User
Jan 24, 2004, 11:15 AM

Any users who aren't a member of the forum you posted a link to can't see that picture. I doubt many people would sign up there just to see the error message. You might want to try and post the picture somewhere else that people can access without registration.

- proton

cold aspiration  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2004, 06:48 PM

My bad, my apologies I fixed it now.

spitty27
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 25, 2004, 06:52 PM

grab yourself the latest Adium 2.0 binary:

http://adium.sf.net
| MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 8x DL Superdrive | NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM | 160GB Internal running Leopard 10.5.6 | 500GB External | AirportExtreme + Bluetooth 2.0 | Logitech MxRevolution | Casio Exilim EX z75 | iPhone 3G Black |

cold aspiration  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2004, 07:41 PM

thanks for the link but I just tried it and found that the aim interface was much better.

cold aspiration  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2004, 02:13 AM

ok well can anyone at least tell me a complete way to uninstall aim?

Forum Links
Forum Rules