Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 4 Minute Battery Life On Pismo

4 Minute Battery Life On Pismo
spitty27
Dedicated MacNNer
May 17, 2003, 10:02 PM

Hey,

(Check the bottom of the message for my setup). When I unplug my Pismo from the adapter, my percentage on the battery meter in the menubar drops about 4 percent every 10 seconds, giving me about 4 minutes of usage before it turns itself to sleep mode. When I'm plugged in, it usually says something like 97% (with the fully charged icon) or 98, 99, and rarely 100. When I hit the little button on my battery bay, it blinks one green LED and flashes repeatedly (giving me the signal it is NOT fully charged), but no matter how long I leave my Pismo plugged in, once I unplug it, I have 4 minutes.

Is there any way I can rezap my battery? Any techniques?

Any help much appreciated.

Set up:
PowerBook G3 Pismo | 400MHZ | 320M RAM | DVD ROM | 30gig Internal | 6gig External in FireWire Enclosure | Mac OSX 10.2.6 (Build 6L60) | Mac OS9 9.2.2 | Logitech Cordless TrackMan Wheel | AirPort Graphite w/Earthlink DSL

http://spitty27.cjb.net
http://bigmacforums.cjb.net

[email protected]
| MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 8x DL Superdrive | NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM | 160GB Internal running Leopard 10.5.6 | 500GB External | AirportExtreme + Bluetooth 2.0 | Logitech MxRevolution | Casio Exilim EX z75 | iPhone 3G Black |

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2003, 10:32 PM

Buy a new battery. Your old one is worn out.

dettociao
Senior User
May 18, 2003, 06:29 PM

agreed
-.-
12" SuperDrive

Forum Links
Forum Rules