Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Price Check on G5

Price Check on G5
spitty27
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 11, 2005, 08:04 PM

I'm debating right now whether to buy a new computer and I was wondering if you guys here could help me out. I'm going to list all my specs and I'd like a rough estimate of how much $$ I could get for it towards a new computer.

I've got a Rev A Single PowerMac G5 1.8ghz with 1.5gb of ram (expandable to 8gb), geforce fx 5200 ultra 64mb, 160gb hd, original box and manuals and cds and dvds (i could include tiger preinstalled too and ilife 05 as well), no scratches or marks, airport antenna, keyboard and mouse in perfect condition, used for a little over a year.
| MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 8x DL Superdrive | NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM | 160GB Internal running Leopard 10.5.6 | 500GB External | AirportExtreme + Bluetooth 2.0 | Logitech MxRevolution | Casio Exilim EX z75 | iPhone 3G Black |

spitty27  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 11, 2005, 08:06 PM

oh, i might also be getting an upgrade to the superdrive to make it a 16x dl dvd-rw, which should increase the value of the machine.
| MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 8x DL Superdrive | NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM | 160GB Internal running Leopard 10.5.6 | 500GB External | AirportExtreme + Bluetooth 2.0 | Logitech MxRevolution | Casio Exilim EX z75 | iPhone 3G Black |

osxpinot
Senior User
Jul 11, 2005, 08:33 PM

This is against the rules. You are supposed to post an asking price.

Forum Links
Forum Rules