Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Parallels and Migration Assistant Question

Parallels and Migration Assistant Question
C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
May 2, 2007, 06:14 AM

When I got my new MacBook, I used migration assistant to move my files, etc. I also noticed that my ShapeShifter license was carried over to my MacBook (ie, I could use shapshifter on both my MacBook and my iMac), which leads me to my question....

If I buy Parallels and enter the license on my MacBook, will the license carry over to my new iMac? (we plan to get one soon) Or will I have to buy another license?
Signature depreciated.

mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
May 2, 2007, 08:28 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but Parallels uses activation so that should make your question moot.
Michael

C.A.T.S. CEO  (op)
Professional Poster
May 2, 2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by mac128k-1984 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but Parallels uses activation so that should make your question moot.
Was that a yes or a no?
Signature depreciated.

Atheist
Mac Elite
May 2, 2007, 03:22 PM

I installed Parallels on my new Mac using my existing license key. I didn't remove it from the old Mac until I had it fully working on the new one. So in essence I had the same license running on 2 Macs at the same time without any issue.

C.A.T.S. CEO  (op)
Professional Poster
May 2, 2007, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
I installed Parallels on my new Mac using my existing license key. I didn't remove it from the old Mac until I had it fully working on the new one. So in essence I had the same license running on 2 Macs at the same time without any issue.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet, thats all I wanted to know, thanks.
Signature depreciated.

Forum Links
Forum Rules