Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Office 2004 Toolbar Question

Office 2004 Toolbar Question
Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2005, 01:46 PM

I have a quick question regarding the toolbars in Office 2004.

When typing a report/paper/note/whatever I usually set the page to text width, on my iMac 600 its about 150%. This works best for me and hides the distractions so I can get my work done. On the PC version of Office i can stretch the toolbar the length of the screen completely hiding the background when I have the document set to text width. Also this allows for other buttons, such as spacing to be readily accessible.

On Office 2004 for Mac I cannot do this. The toolbar seems only able to reach the end when resolution is set to 800 x 600 or smaller, I prefer 1024 x 768 on the 15 inch. When I try to stretch it i can only make it smaller and more of a box. I'm not able to post any pictures because I am at work but will be able to do when I get home from work.

Any suggestions on extending my toolbars in Office across the screen?

Thanks
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

Nivag
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 02:50 PM

doesn't look like you can, the only way i found was to shrink them to double height then add two more tool bars on the right or just work full screen and lose the tool bars completely.

Proudest Monkey  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2005, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by Nivag:
doesn't look like you can, the only way i found was to shrink them to double height then add two more tool bars on the right or just work full screen and lose the tool bars completely.
thats too bad. i know i had basically tried everything i could think of but i really only use the formatting and standard (is that what its called?) toolbars but maybe i could find use for some more.

hoping someone knew something I didn't.

thanks!
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules