Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Age of Mythology (AOM) ATI bug warning

Age of Mythology (AOM) ATI bug warning
mactechie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2003, 04:00 AM

Before all you iMac and early G4 users rush out and buy AOM beware. Apple shipped these computers with ATI Rage graphics cards
Even if they have 16MB VRAM AOM runs crap.

the ATI Rage is not supported. For those who are curious, the game will run but you get blocky white men and you have to guess which building is which cause they are all white! yipppee

At least you get a blue band around everything that is yours, a green one for allies and a red one for enemies so that you know who to attack Wicked. Should I thank Microsoft, or MacSoft, who gonna give me a refund????

benb
Dec 30, 2003, 11:16 AM

Originally posted by mactechie:
Before all you iMac and early G4 users rush out and buy AOM beware. Apple shipped these computers with ATI Rage graphics cards
Even if they have 16MB VRAM AOM runs crap.

the ATI Rage is not supported. For those who are curious, the game will run but you get blocky white men and you have to guess which building is which cause they are all white! yipppee

At least you get a blue band around everything that is yours, a green one for allies and a red one for enemies so that you know who to attack Wicked. Should I thank Microsoft, or MacSoft, who gonna give me a refund????
You'd be lucky to get a refund, since as a mac techie you did read the system requirements which clearly state:

Macintosh computer with a 450MHz or faster processor, OSX 10.2.8 or higher, 256MB RAM, 16MB RADEON/GeForce2 MX or better video card, and CD-ROM drive.

So, now that we've cleared that up, where is this bug you speak of?

a2daj
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 06:48 PM

The Reqs on the box are different than the ones online. It doesn't mention Radeons or GeForce cards. Just "16MB video card" which can be very misleading. They should have tried a smaller font to get more information on there. Not everyone looks up every detail about a game before buying it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules