Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Why won't desktop image let me change pictures in iPhoto every few minutes?

Why won't desktop image let me change pictures in iPhoto every few minutes?
nobitacu
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2004, 10:09 PM

Ok, I have pictures in iPhoto in albums and such, so with my desktop picture option, I selected the iPhoto album, but than I want my desktop picture to change to a different picture every minute or so, but it won't let me pick that option. It'll work with any other folder with the pictures, just not the iPhoto and it's album folders. This is dumb. Anyone know a way to get over this stupid limit???

Thanks,

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2004, 11:16 PM

Dunno, But I just created a folder, drug the pictures I wanted to cycle on desktop into it, and selected that folder from system prefs. Ineligant, perhaps, but functional.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

zachs
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2004, 11:28 PM

Huh...it works for me. You're doing this from System Preferences, I assume?

If you're using iPhoto's desktop picture function...don't. Just go to "Desktop & Screensaver" in System Preferences, select the iPhoto album, and check Change Pictures, etc.

nobitacu  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2004, 01:45 AM

Originally posted by zachs:
Huh...it works for me. You're doing this from System Preferences, I assume?

If you're using iPhoto's desktop picture function...don't. Just go to "Desktop & Screensaver" in System Preferences, select the iPhoto album, and check Change Pictures, etc.
I went though the System Preference when I tried doing this, same thing, won't let me select. Rev-O also has this problem as well. I think it's pretty stupid that we need to make a new folder than drag the picture from our iPhoto folder to it in order to make this work in which we're than making 2 copies of each picture on the computer, a waste of room space if you have a lot of pictures.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

spiky_dog
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2004, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by nobitacu:
I went though the System Preference when I tried doing this, same thing, won't let me select. Rev-O also has this problem as well. I think it's pretty stupid that we need to make a new folder than drag the picture from our iPhoto folder to it in order to make this work in which we're than making 2 copies of each picture on the computer, a waste of room space if you have a lot of pictures.

Ming
something's wrong with your setup. like the above poster zachs, i can select "change every XX minutes" on iphoto albums through system prefs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules