Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Moving On.

Moving On. (Page 2)
ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 3, 2010, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by downinflames68 View Post
No, she is all good moments, and good intentions... it's just me. I'm not sure how to ever make anything worth feeling ever again if it can all amount to nothing. I mean... if I ever decide to actually care, she could just change who she is, start worshipping the moon and other BS, then POOF, be gone. So. Instead I just don't care about anything. I feel hollow, empty, and content.
Jesus man, are you going to start cutting yourself and writing shitty poetry? I don't mean to be a jerk, seriously, but you're getting awfully emo. Here's a newsflash for you ace, people do change. Relationships change. If there is no give and take, your relationship isn't going to last. If you mock her for her interests, how long should she have to put up with that? Would you stick around if she mocked the things that you find interesting? Again, I'm really not trying to be a dick here, but from everything you've written on this topic, it was all her fault. She didn't like things you wanted her to like. She liked things you didn't. She believed in stuff you didn't. Did you really think that she, or anyone else, would conform to your ideal and never deviate from it? If you are anything in real life like the online persona you present here, I imagine that there were aspects of your behavior she probably wasn't too fond of. Did you ever make any concessions? And when I say that, I mean before it was too late.

If you really can't understand why she's pissed off at you, maybe you need to take a long hard look at yourself, and be honest when you do it, because most of us that have been reading your posts for years have a pretty good idea about some of the reasons your marriage failed. Who knows, maybe in real life, you aren't like you portray yourself here. Maybe you're a super-sweet guy. Maybe you don't lash out with undue arrogance at anyone that dares treat your opinions as anything but gospel. But honestly, after all this time, I fear that's not the case. Either use this experience as a life-lesson and learn from it, and try to fix the things that broke your marriage, or set your sights lower and find the woman with the absolute lowest self-esteem you can, because no one else is going to put up with that garbage for long.
Nemo me impune lacesset

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Jun 3, 2010, 10:12 AM

Yes. For the last 1.5 years I was supportive of all her beliefs, and even tried to go to moon circles with her, and read about shakras and stuff just to know what she was talking about. I said again and again that if it makes her happy, I support it.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2010, 10:17 AM

When this conversation first started there was at least an understanding that you had put her last for too long, with job and studies coming first. That seems to have disappeared, with you now blaming the break-up on her changing.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 3, 2010, 11:04 AM

Yes. For the last 1.5 years I was supportive of all her beliefs, and even tried to go to moon circles with her, and read about shakras and stuff just to know what she was talking about. I said again and again that if it makes her happy, I support it.
That's not enough to compete with the size of her yoga teacher's willy.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Koralatov
Senior User
Jun 4, 2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane View Post
[…] but you're getting awfully emo.
Oh thank God somebody else finally said it.

andi*pandi
Jun 4, 2010, 10:24 AM

I'm going to start to feel sad for the nice girl you're with now.

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Jun 4, 2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
When this conversation first started there was at least an understanding that you had put her last for too long, with job and studies coming first. That seems to have disappeared, with you now blaming the break-up on her changing.
It's kind of both, really. It just sucks. Had more dreams about her last night. I ****ing hate sleeping now.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2010, 12:01 PM

Make sure not to drift into depression. That's not a path to walk down easily.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2010, 12:13 PM

It's kind of both, really. It just sucks. Had more dreams about her last night. I ****ing hate sleeping now.
Look dude, just go find a large-breasted floozy and bounce around on her until your bits hurt. A lot of the new is the only way you're going to get the old out of your system.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Look dude, just go find a large-breasted floozy and bounce around on her until your bits hurt. A lot of the new is the only way you're going to get the old out of your system.
From the looks of the pictures he posted in his boat thread, he already has.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2010, 01:57 PM

Not having trust in the person takes away a lot of the fun of it though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules