Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMAC window resizes faster w/ ATI (July) update!

iMAC window resizes faster w/ ATI (July) update!
JellyBeen
Senior User
Jul 16, 2002, 12:37 PM

I tried these drivers even though I am running an OEM card. This update by the way is for the RETAIL card only.
The thing is, the cards are virtually identical. Apple makes their own drivers.
I backed up my extensions: SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS/ATI .kext files and went ahead with the installation.
WOW!!! my window resizing and Genie Effect after the restart are much faster. How much? I 'm not sure...feels like 30% faster.
Give your impressions..
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

Schmidlapper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 16, 2002, 05:39 PM

I hope you have stumbled onto something. I have the same iMac as you and would be happy to know these drivers will work. I am running OS9 now just waiting until Jag is announced before purchasing OSX so as not to pay twice. Let me know if you uncover any abnormalities in the mean time. I would be interested in a detailed install description at some point or was it just a matter swapping in the new file for the one you mention?
mac mini 1.42 Ghz, 512 Meg, 80 Gig, Combo drive, BT/AE, OSX 10.4, Sony 17" LCD, Canon iP4000R printer

JellyBeen  (op)
Senior User
Jul 16, 2002, 10:34 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Schmidlapper:
<strong>I hope you have stumbled onto something. I have the same iMac as you and would be happy to know these drivers will work. I am running OS9 now just waiting until Jag is announced before purchasing OSX so as not to pay twice. Let me know if you uncover any abnormalities in the mean time. I would be interested in a detailed install description at some point or was it just a matter swapping in the new file for the one you mention?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">So far so good...by the way, installing it is with an installer. Just click and voila!
Let me know how it goes....
I hope the drivers in Jaguar are even better than these...we'll see
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

Forum Links
Forum Rules