Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Browser pages without refresh?

Browser pages without refresh?
iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 10:27 PM

Did the admin change a script or something to sometimes make refreshed pages not have the refresh button like how it was during MWSF? This started happening here today and does not occur anywhere else. I know I can refresh with F5, but it's kind of a pain to look for it on the keyboard when it randomly happens.

Is this someway to try to keep the forum hiccups down or am I the only one this is happening to?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 16, 2006, 07:07 PM

Tell me more... this is the first I've heard of anything like this.

tooki

iLikebeer  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2006, 09:44 PM

On and off yesterday, when I'd spawn a new page from a link or refresh a forum page, the browser window would have back, forward, an empty space for refresh, stop and home buttons in the toolbar.
It hasn't done it today. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1. The only other time I have ever seen this was when you close down the forums for an apple event with one auto-refreshing page.

It just weirded me out because I'd be surfing like normal with the MacNN page behind several others, then come back to MacNN and go to hit refresh and nothing was there. I had to either open a new window or refresh using F5.

Forum Links
Forum Rules