Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hot Bacon Picturefest...also Oreos

Hot Bacon Picturefest...also Oreos (Page 2)
dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 1, 2010, 10:19 AM

Forget to mention, check out the Bacon Today website for all your bacon news/recipes/images.

Bon Appétit!
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 1, 2010, 12:12 PM

Re: Laminar’s picture

Here’s what I’m getting

Screen capture taken less then 2 minutes ago

iLikebeer  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 1, 2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
Re: Laminar’s picture

Here’s what I’m getting

Screen capture taken less then 2 minutes ago
Open the picture in a new window and look at the url. If he had uploaded it to flickr, that would have been great.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 1, 2010, 08:20 PM

The joys of carrying a camera around.

Found this at a local market

iLikebeer  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 1, 2010, 10:15 PM

Some of this stuff is going to be coming off the grill over the next few hours. My buddy has baby back ribs on the grill, so it's cooking really low and slow, we've been keeping it around 250-300F. Each of the turkey drumsticks has 4 or 5 slices of bacon under the skin. They marinated all day before I wrapped them in bacon.

iLikebeer  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2010, 01:21 AM

And his fiancee made homemade fudge.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 2, 2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer View Post
Open the picture in a new window and look at the url. If he had uploaded it to flickr, that would have been great.

iLikebeer  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 25, 2010, 12:26 AM

It was my birthday and I've become known for wrapping everything in bacon, Bacon - Imgur , so my friends decided to make me an epic birthday surprise. They made an awesome meal, including one of the most perfectly cooked steaks I've ever had. The entire time, I wasn't allowed to go into the kitchen. I smelled a lot of good smells coming out of the kitchen. I joked about a bacon cake, but surely not. Well, they sure showed me.

It's a double layer chocolate cake. She cooked the maple bacon slowly until it was done, but not crispy. She made a ganache and coated the bacon with it. The chocolate covered bacon was great by itself. She put a really thick layer of icing around the outside to make it easier to hold on the chocolate covered bacon. Since it wasn't crispy, she was able to bend it around the corners. They made the top have high and low points, like bacon cooking in a skillet.

It was soooooooo good. Really rich and the bacon flavor is intense. Awesome, I'm going to be telling people about this birthday for the rest of my life.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 25, 2010, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer View Post
It was my birthday and I've become known for wrapping everything in bacon, Bacon - Imgur , so my friends decided to make me an epic birthday surprise. They made an awesome meal, including one of the most perfectly cooked steaks I've ever had. The entire time, I wasn't allowed to go into the kitchen. I smelled a lot of good smells coming out of the kitchen. I joked about a bacon cake, but surely not. Well, they sure showed me.

It's a double layer chocolate cake. She cooked the maple bacon slowly until it was done, but not crispy. She made a ganache and coated the bacon with it. The chocolate covered bacon was great by itself. She put a really thick layer of icing around the outside to make it easier to hold on the chocolate covered bacon. Since it wasn't crispy, she was able to bend it around the corners. They made the top have high and low points, like bacon cooking in a skillet.

It was soooooooo good. Really rich and the bacon flavor is intense. Awesome, I'm going to be telling people about this birthday for the rest of my life.
Awesome friends, awesome girlfriend, and a chocolate-bacon cake made to look like a big slab of bacon? You win at life, my friend.

You damn well better remember this the rest of your life. You should be asking for bacon-chocolate cake on your death bed after this night.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Forum Links
Forum Rules