Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > b77 of Palm OSX is out!

b77 of Palm OSX is out!
JellyBeen
Senior User
Jan 8, 2002, 01:56 PM

b76 was the first of the two and occasionally I would get a problem when I would launch the app. Upon launch of the app sometimes I would get a corrupted user file. Any of you experience this? Hope b77 solves this issue.
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

nigeljedi
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 8, 2002, 04:46 PM

Actually, I'm reluctant to install it at all. I have SOOOOO much info in my Palm m505, that I'd hate to lose any files, then worry about reverting back to the old Palm Desktop version. Plus, I have several third party conduits, and Palm has already said they probably won't work...so, what's the use?
On the other hand, I usually can't resist new and improved software...especially when it's for OS X! So, I'll probably do it anyway!

JellyBeen  (op)
Senior User
Jan 8, 2002, 05:18 PM

Well from what I've seen so far, its very stable. It certainly does not act like a beta.
Just back up your files first then take the plunge...you won't regret it.

ibchen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 8, 2002, 05:31 PM

Has anybody done HotSync successfully with Palm 4.0b77 under OSX using IR ports? My Palm IIIxe does not cynchronize with Palm 4.0b under OSX using IR ports. And I am reluctant to buy a USB cardle. Thanks.

System
Ti667
OSX
Palm IIIxe
PB G4 667, 512RAM, 30 gig HD, DVD, OSX; Palm IIIxe

JellyBeen  (op)
Senior User
Jan 8, 2002, 10:18 PM

I'm sorry, I can't confirm that since I'm using the USB cradle that came with my m125.

antonio
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 9, 2002, 01:24 AM

i have b76 and i'm having problems synching my palm vx to my pismo (so far i've gotten two partial synchs). where can i get b77? i went back to the palm site but could only find the link for the full initial beta.

thanks

anyone have a set up like mine up and running? if so, what are your settings?

ibchen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 9, 2002, 03:13 AM

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 9, 2002, 11:03 AM

I also have had problems sync (b76) w/ IR port on a Pismo. I could get it to do it the first time and it would tell me the connection was interrupted and that not all the data was backed up. Then I couldn't get it to work again. What the f**k? I to have a serial cradle and don't want to spend the money on a USB cradle. And there is too many issues with the keyspan drivers to chance that.

TheMacLover
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 9, 2002, 01:04 PM

I've made syncs both with b76 and b77 (USB/cradle). Flawless, no problem, very fast. The betas look very stable.

PB G4 512Mb ram / Palm m500

<deeraeya>
Jan 9, 2002, 06:22 PM

Hi too have had problems with a Pismo and a Handspring under IR sync.

The IR recognizes the PDA as an IRComm device ok (although that was a bit shakey at first.) However the neither IrLink nor HotSync are able to prompt the Laptop Sync program into starting. It works fine with the USB cradle (which I have taken back to work and won't buy another of).

I have had similar problems with trying to dial an internet connection through the IR port to my Nokia phone. It recognizes the Nokia (and model number) and shows a connection (in the menu bar IR thingy). When attempting to dial it doesn't appear to be able to communicate properly with the phone. Wierdly the phone has the number in its last dialed position but doesn't actually dial it. I know the difference because I use the Nokia with the Handspring all the time and have no problems.

Has anyone been able to make the IR port function under either situation on a Pismo? I suspect that it is a Pismo IR problem rather than a Palm Desktop issue.

deeraeya

ibchen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2002, 04:08 AM

SMacSteve, I had the same problem using beta 76 with IR port. It worked for the first time only and it froze my PB during HotSync at later attempts. I am reluctant to indtall beta 77 now. Sadly, I had to reboot my PB to OS 9 in order to perform Hotsync using IR port

JellyBeen  (op)
Senior User
Jan 12, 2002, 03:03 AM

I'm still having the corrupted file happening with beta 77. See my post above...any of you have this problem as well?
please let us know.

KetanMV
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2002, 10:32 PM

The corrupted user file has happened several times to me... i will try the new beta now i suppose...

ketan

Forum Links
Forum Rules