Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Air Force Seeks Bush's Approval for Space Weapons Programs

Air Force Seeks Bush's Approval for Space Weapons Programs
iLikebeer
Mac Elite
May 18, 2005, 08:23 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/18/bu...gewanted=print

All I can say is wow. Part of me thinks this is a really bad idea. Any nation with space capability could just release a bunch of junk satellites to shred into any safe orbits, getting rid of anyone's ability to go to space. Or a space arms race could start...

The other part of me thinks this is really cool, and we should have been doing this a long time ago, at least in secret. Some cool space tech should come out of this as well.

zizban
Mac Enthusiast
May 18, 2005, 08:25 PM

"In darkness there is strength, therefore strength is darkness."

SVass
Mac Elite
May 18, 2005, 08:56 PM

The article demonstrates the stupidity of the Bush withdrawal In 2002 from the 30-year-old Antiballistic Missile Treaty, which banned space-based weapons. These weapons are the equivalent of nuclear weapons and do not require missiles. Why shouldn't Iran or North Korea or Pakistan have them? If we develop them, why shouldn't other countries. By the way, our 100 billion dollar missile defense (another stupid Republican money wasting program) won't work against them! sam

Forum Links
Forum Rules