Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Top 120 Cities At Risk For A Terrorist Attack

Top 120 Cities At Risk For A Terrorist Attack
mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 04:53 AM

TOP 120 CITIES AT RISK FOR A TERRORIST ATTACK

DEYO NOTE: This list is not tied to military bases. Target factors could include population density, landmark-cultural-heritage centers, proximity to nuclear plants or NBC waste sites, its importance as a shipping / trucking route/port, type of industry performed in the area, dams, communications hubs and other critical infrastructure sites, plus a variety of other considerations not included here.

This list is to open people's eyes, make people aware. Just because one lives in a city other than NYC, Washington DC or L.A. does not guarantee immunity from terrorism.
http://standeyo.com/News_Files/Hollys.html
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

PB2K
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 04:58 AM

thanks, i loaded the map into my GPS and will only be in the white areas from now on
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 05:30 AM

talk about living in fear
we don't have time to stop for gas

ambush
Banned
Aug 10, 2006, 06:03 AM

FUD masta.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by ambush
FUD masta.

That the best you can do?
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Peter
talk about living in fear
I spread all kinds of helpful information. YOU seem to be sensitive to that which is designed to help people make more informed decisions.

You must LOVE being ignorant.

Uh oh, wait a minute, what do I hear you saying?

"Ignorance is bliss?"

Ah, well Peter. You'd know best.

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 06:25 AM

Top 120 US Cities At Risk For A Terrorist Attack
fixed®

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Judge_Fire
fixed®
You think Finland will stand a chance holding off the jihadist assaults when they set their sights on you?

"Don't bother us, we're finnished!"

But technically, you are correct.

Of course you've all heard by now about the bomb plot discovered in the UK, right?

Peter & ambush?

Dork.
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 06:47 AM

Rochester made the list! Yay! We're relevant!

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by mojo2
Of course you've all heard by now about the bomb plot discovered in the UK, right?

Peter & ambush?
Stop being such a prat. That's not something you even think joking about.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 06:54 AM

what? I'm saying its insane that the US is even considering making a list of "Cities at Risk" and 120 cities!! Why even bother making the list, just draw a massive circle around the entire of the US.
I fail to see how this list "helps" anyone, besides scaring the living crap out of them

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
Stop being such a prat. That's not something you even think joking about.
Some folks need to be told when they are under attack. And when they are told they don't even believe it.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Peter
what? I'm saying its insane that the US is even considering making a list of "Cities at Risk" and 120 cities!! Why even bother making the list, just draw a massive circle around the entire of the US.
I fail to see how this list "helps" anyone, besides scaring the living crap out of them
Yep. Ignorance IS bliss.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 07:18 AM

Yep. Ignorance IS bliss.
is that how you got nearly 4,000 posts so quickly mojo2? Just by randomly calling people ignorant? Nice.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 07:26 AM

wow, all in the US.

People must really hate Americans.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by moonmonkey
wow, all in the US.

you new here?
(by here I mean planet earth)
kidding of course.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by moonmonkey
wow, all in the US.

Islam’s goal is to conquer the entire world, all of humankind, by force if necessary, to set up Koranic law, convert as many people to Islam as possible, and to destroy polytheism and disbelief.
You are not immune.

ambush
Banned
Aug 10, 2006, 08:23 AM

mojo, when you say, in your silly signature, that the Israelo-Palestinian conflict is not about occupation, what facts do you choose to ignore? Is it the fact that palestinians cannot freely move inside their own territory? Is it the fact that Israel never stopped colonizing strategic points (water; hilltops) of the palestinian territory? Maybe it's the fact that palestinian homes are routinely being destroyed for no reason at all. Oh wait, maybe it's the fact that because of the occupation, more than 60% of Palestinians are unemployed.

Wake up, buddy. Occupation IS the cause of all the violence. What the **** do you expect them to do? They have no job, no future, no home, no economy. They live in fear and danger all the time. Do you really expect them to be peaceful? Embrace a political way? Come on, Israel DESTROYS anything they try to build.

Either way, if you ever choose to open your eyes, this documentary is a good start.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...a+promise+land

And no, I'm not antisemitic, I'm just what you'd call a peacenik.

Busemann
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 08:24 AM

Islam’s goal is to conquer the entire world, all of humankind, by force if necessary, to set up Koranic law, convert as many people to Islam as possible, and to destroy polytheism and disbelief.
The violent Islamists think this way. Most muslims want to spread their religion through love and compassion, just like Christians.

I spread all kinds of helpful information. YOU seem to be sensitive to that which is designed to help people make more informed decisions.
So, based on that map, what would an informed decision be? Stay out of California and Texas?

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 08:25 AM

mojo, when you say, in your silly signature, that the Israelo-Palestinian conflict is not about occupation, what facts do you choose to ignore? Is it the fact that palestinians cannot freely move inside their own territory? Is it the fact that Israel never stopped colonizing strategic points (water; hilltops) of the palestinian territory? Maybe it's the fact that their homes are routinely being destroyed for no reason at all. Oh wait, maybe it's the fact that because of the occupation, more than 60% of Palestinians are unemployed.

Either way, if you ever choose to open your eyes, this documentary is a good start.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...a+promise+land

And no, I'm not antisemitic, I'm just what you'd call a peacenik.
So why aren't the Palestinian Christians terrorists, too?

ambush
Banned
Aug 10, 2006, 08:28 AM

So why aren't the Palestinian Christians terrorists, too?
I don't know what to tell you. I really don't know. But I'm sure they don't appreciate being occupied.

Just watch that documentary, hmmkay?

Busemann
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 08:31 AM

About 2% percent of Palestinians are Christian
Fixed that one for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Christian

Comprising some 10% of the Palestinian population worldwide, they make up anywhere between 1.1 - 2.4% of the population of Gaza and West Bank (Palestinian territories), and just under 2% of the population of Israel [1].

ambush
Banned
Aug 10, 2006, 08:35 AM

mojo... just... make an effort to comprehend those people....

Ham Sandwich
Aug 10, 2006, 08:35 AM

Mojo, where the hell did you pull that "quote" from?

Talk about ignorance is bliss...

Dork.
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Busemann
So, based on that map, what would an informed decision be? Stay out of California and Texas?
If I were a betting man, I'd say that the people who put this map together want most of the Federal anti-terrorism funding to go to these 120 sites. Which means a big chunk of monet would be going to the coasts and Texas, and none at all to Wyoming.

There was a big to-do a few weeks ago about the formula that Congress used to dole out money to combat terrorism, and how Mayor Bloomberg thought that New York City was getting shortchanged when compared on a per-capita basis to states like Wyoming, where the population density is much less.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 10, 2006, 08:37 AM

They put Fort Lauderdale a few miles too north on that map : \
ice

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 08:39 AM

The violent Islamists think this way. Most muslims want to spread their religion through love and compassion, just like Christians.
TRUE!

Now, tell me who is peaceful and who isn't. Or tell me how to know the difference before there is an attack.

There rests the problem.

Musn't give in to fear. I think EVERYONE should move to those states and thumb our noses at terrorists.

Speaking at a graduation ceremony in Haret Hreik, (Hassan) Nasrallah announced on October 22, 2002: "if they [Jews] all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide."[7][8]
If we all move to CA & TX it will be easier for the terrorists.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 08:43 AM

Musn't give in to fear. I think EVERYONE should move to those states and thumb our noses at terrorists.
You first.

I guess I already live in a "at risk" place, although the local large businesses and their layoffs are doing quite a good job at destroying the place, I don't think we need any terrorists to help us out.

ambush
Banned
Aug 10, 2006, 08:53 AM

mojo, how old are you?

macroy
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 08:56 AM

You must LOVE being ignorant.

Uh oh, wait a minute, what do I hear you saying?

"Ignorance is bliss?"

Ah, well Peter. You'd know best.
I think the issues being pointed out is the fact that the media or the public in general seems to take an event at hand and go overboard with it.

Of all the risks we take on a daily basis (drive to work, cross the street etc...), I think terrorism would be lower on the possiblilty scale (even though its much higher than before). Hell, they might as well add shark attacks on that map, or even the safer seats on a plane based on past data.

Point being, that map is NOT going to help anyone make better decisions.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 08:56 AM

I don't know what to tell you. I really don't know. But I'm sure they don't appreciate being occupied.

Just watch that documentary, hmmkay?
The Israelis did not award the land to themselves.

The Israelis did not grant themselves statehood.

The Israelis did not give more than 60% of their mandated land to Jordan.

These things were done by the League of Nations, the United Nations and Great Britain.

The Palestinians have defied ALL the laws regarding this situation.

WHY?

Because they once owned the land and the Koran says that once land belongs to Muslims it must ALWAYS belong to Muslims.

The Palestinians thumb their noses at our (filthy) laws because they believe only Sharia Law applies.

And they have gotten us all to bow to Sharia law, without our even realizing it.

Pretty clever, actually.

Well, I'm here to let you know that if there is a plot to do away with democracy this is how it will be done. Through deceit and guile.

Israel has been awarded to the Zionists legally. By MAN'S LAW not SHARIA LAW.

If the Muslim Palestinians have a complaint they should take it up with the UN.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dork.
You first.

I guess I already live in a "at risk" place, although the local large businesses and their layoffs are doing quite a good job at destroying the place, I don't think we need any terrorists to help us out.
I wish you peace, prosperity, long life, good health and many male babies but no World Series wins against the Red Sox!

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 09:02 AM

mojo, how old are you?
Over 21. That's all you need to know.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by macroy
I think the issues being pointed out is the fact that the media or the public in general seems to take an event at hand and go overboard with it.

Of all the risks we take on a daily basis (drive to work, cross the street etc...), I think terrorism would be lower on the possiblilty scale (even though its much higher than before). Hell, they might as well add shark attacks on that map, or even the safer seats on a plane based on past data.

Well, that's one man's view.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by screamingFit
Mojo, where the hell did you pull that "quote" from?

Talk about ignorance is bliss...
http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/3196

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 09:11 AM

mojo... just... make an effort to comprehend those people....
Who says I haven't? Who says I don't? Wish you would.

Five questions non-Muslims would like answered

By Dennis Prager, Dennis Prager's nationally syndicated radio show is heard daily in Los Angeles on KRLA-AM (870). He may be contacted through his website: www.dennisprager.com.
November 13, 2005

THE RIOTING IN France by primarily Muslim youths and the hotel bombings in Jordan are the latest events to prompt sincere questions that law-abiding Muslims need to answer for Islam's sake, as well as for the sake of worried non-Muslims.

Here are five of them:

(1) Why are you so quiet?

Since the first Israelis were targeted for death by Muslim terrorists blowing themselves up in the name of your religion and Palestinian nationalism, I have been praying to see Muslim demonstrations against these atrocities. Last week's protests in Jordan against the bombings, while welcome, were a rarity. What I have seen more often is mainstream Muslim spokesmen implicitly defending this terror on the grounds that Israel occupies Palestinian lands. We see torture and murder in the name of Allah, but we see no anti-torture and anti-murder demonstrations in the name of Allah.

There are a billion Muslims in the world. How is it possible that essentially none have demonstrated against evils perpetrated by Muslims in the name of Islam? This is true even of the millions of Muslims living in free Western societies. What are non-Muslims of goodwill supposed to conclude? When the Israeli government did not stop a Lebanese massacre of Palestinians in the Sabra and Chatilla refugee camps in Lebanon in 1982, great crowds of Israeli Jews gathered to protest their country's moral failing. Why has there been no comparable public demonstration by Palestinians or other Muslims to morally condemn Palestinian or other Muslim-committed terror?

(2) Why are none of the Palestinian terrorists Christian?

If Israeli occupation is the reason for Muslim terror in Israel, why do no Christian Palestinians engage in terror? They are just as nationalistic and just as occupied as Muslim Palestinians.

(3) Why is only one of the 47 Muslim-majority countries a free country?

According to Freedom House, a Washington-based group that promotes democracy, of the world's 47 Muslim countries, only Mali is free. Sixty percent are not free, and 38% are partly free. Muslim-majority states account for a majority of the world's "not free" states. And of the 10 "worst of the worst," seven are Islamic states. Why is this?

(4) Why are so many atrocities committed and threatened by Muslims in the name of Islam?

Young girls in Indonesia were recently beheaded by Muslim murderers. Last year, Muslims — in the name of Islam — murdered hundreds of schoolchildren in Russia. While reciting Muslim prayers, Islamic terrorists take foreigners working to make Iraq free and slaughter them. Muslim daughters are murdered by their own families in the thousands in "honor killings." And the Muslim government in Iran has publicly called for the extermination of Israel.

(5) Why do countries governed by religious Muslims persecute other religions?

No church or synagogue is allowed in Saudi Arabia. The Taliban destroyed some of the greatest sculptures of the ancient world because they were Buddhist. Sudan's Islamic regime has murdered great numbers of Christians.

Instead of confronting these problems, too many of you deny them. Muslims call my radio show to tell me that even speaking of Muslim or Islamic terrorists is wrong. After all, they argue, Timothy McVeigh is never labeled a "Christian terrorist." As if McVeigh committed his terror as a churchgoing Christian and in the name of Christ, and as if there were Christian-based terror groups around the world.

As a member of the media for nearly 25 years, I have a long record of reaching out to Muslims. Muslim leaders have invited me to speak at major mosques. In addition, I have studied Arabic and Islam, have visited most Arab and many other Muslim countries and conducted interfaith dialogues with Muslims in the United Arab Emirates as well as in the U.S. Politically, I have supported creation of a Palestinian state and supported (mistakenly, I now believe) the Oslo accords.

Hundreds of millions of non-Muslims want honest answers to these questions, even if the only answer you offer is, "Yes, we have real problems in Islam." Such an acknowledgment is infinitely better — for you and for the world — than dismissing us as anti-Muslim.

We await your response.
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...mment-opinions
( Last edited by mojo2; Aug 10, 2006 at 09:22 AM. )

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 09:11 AM

Over 21. That's all you need to know.

Now I am interested, were did you get that 25 percent of palestinians are christian?

Anyway, they put worcester, ma on that list. I go to school there. I am not sure why terrorists would go through the trouble of doing anything to it. The entire city is crap.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

Dakar
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by macroy
That's probably true.

I wonder if Montana, Kansas, Idaho and those other midwest states feel left out. Even the Mormons got some hate.

mojo2  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by TheMosco
Now I am interested, were did you get that 25 percent of palestinians are christian?

http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/3196

Ham Sandwich
Aug 10, 2006, 09:26 AM

I didn't mean your sig. I meant the quote you put in your post:
It is the militant Muslims that think this way. Such as the militant Christians spreading their own death and agendas to the world. But just because you're a "regular" Christian, that doesn't mean you're a terrorist, does it?

mydog8mymac
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 10, 2006, 09:39 AM

It seems like those cities either qualify as the most populated cities in the country, or they have an industry or natural resource that is of national importance.

I think most anyone would have come up with this same list had they a map, census information and the World Book Encyclopedia.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 09:44 AM

"That's right, Katie, I'm standing at the now barren city limits of what was once Des Moines Iowa -- behind me you can see the teeming throng of refugees streaming from the city in a mass exodus of epic proportions. The great and brave people of this city, not willing to risk the extreme threat of terrorist attack, are making haste for points unknown in the great American hinterland, even as so many other of our great cities empty themselves in a similar fashion, all across this great land of ours. This scene, as we've shown you from our Roving Eye™ News Now Van�, is repeating itself over and over again in such places as Garland Texas, Glendale Arizona, Shreveport Louisiana, Stockton California, and many others. It's truly an inspiration to witness the bravery of these staid people in the grim, determined quest for security. Back to you for an update on those horrible shark attacks in Florida."
( Last edited by chris v; Aug 10, 2006 at 09:55 AM. )

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 09:54 AM

Do you have any other sources? Atleast the wiki article is a reference to the bbc.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 10, 2006, 10:25 AM

Mojo2: please use the Political lounge for political topics.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules