Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > iPhone App from Delicious Monster?

iPhone App from Delicious Monster?
Mark Booth
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 6, 2009, 11:56 AM

Delicious seems to be hinting at some sort of iPhone Application on their main web page right now. The text:

"If you're anywhere near the Bay, stop by Macworld Expo and give us a holler. We may even have something new (and free!) to show you!
We don't want to say too much. But maybe it rhymes with i...Gnome."

They feature a picture of the back of an iPhone right next to the text.

So, it would seem that they are showing an iPhone Application that works with Delicious Library. Sadly, it appears it isn't quite ready as they are only going to "show" it to attendees. And who knows when such an app might actually be ready? Given past history, it might be 2010 before it is released. I hope I am wrong.

Mark

REBELinBLUE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 6, 2009, 08:00 PM

I've just been checking out various mac forums to see if anyone has been too their booth yet and seen if it is indeed an iPhone version.

But no such luck, guess we'll have to wait for them to announce whatever it is to those of us who don't attend Macworld

jessiemonster
Monster Rep
Jan 17, 2009, 01:40 AM

We are working on one right now, it's just not released yet =) We will get it out as soon as it's perfect.

Jessie Monster
Delicious Monster
[email protected]

Mark Booth  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2009, 01:26 AM

Well, the Delicious Library iPhone app has been in beta for about a month now. Are we getting close to release??

I'm sure the beta testers are under NDA. But maybe just a hint or taste of what we have to look forward to?

Mark

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2009, 01:56 AM

Don't hold your breath.

Don't you remember how long DL2 took to come out of beta ?

-t

jessiemonster
Monster Rep
May 4, 2009, 01:14 AM

I announced beta about a month ago, but I did not drop the beta until about two weeks ago. The iPhone application is pretty much ready, and we are just getting the rest of the fixes in DL2.1. Remember, we only have one engineer working on all this stuff, so it takes a bit of time :-)

Jessie Monster
Delicious Monster
[email protected]

agentsarah6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 2009, 06:09 AM

I'm looking forward to the iPhone app. It'll hopefully mean I won't have to load my entire library over 3G every time I want to check if I have a DVD when I'm out spending money.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 16, 2009, 10:31 PM

Alright. Bring it on.

-t

Eyenigma
Jun 3, 2009, 01:56 AM

How these guys get their own forum on this site for releasing one app in like... 5 years? It's beyond me. Big fan of Wil Shipley's work (and his blog), but the company is seemingly a one hit wonder. Would really like to see something new, aside from more library stuff.

reader50
Administrator
Jun 3, 2009, 03:12 PM

They asked us if we could host their support forum, and we agreed. Hence the dedicated forum. They don't link here at present, which is the primary reason DM traffic has fallen.

Forum Links
Forum Rules