Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > trying to decide 1.25 or 1.33 or 1.5

trying to decide 1.25 or 1.33 or 1.5
Chris Bucher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2004, 02:37 PM

I am coming from a PB 400ti, so any speed bump will be incredible.

My wife is a student, so the ability to buy one of the new ones is pretty appealing, but I probably can only do the 1.3 at $1799 or $2041 bto w/superdrive and keyboard . For about $1900 I can get refurb or lightly used 1.25 loaded up.

I would love to get the 1.5, but I think it is just out of my budget, unless someone can convince me it will be significantly worth it. I am a photographer, and sometimes need to crunch some pretty big photo files. I also use a samsung 19 monitor, which currently I don't have enough horsepower for.

any thoughts would be welcome

thanks

CB

awcopus
Mac Elite
Apr 24, 2004, 07:44 PM

Look at Smalldog.com for great configuration options and, as a result, a variety of different price-to-performance packages.

Given what you're coming from, you're going to be thrilled.

My opinion (don't hate me for suggesting this) is that the low-end iBook is a STUNNING value and just the perfect portable Mac. The iBook is definitely more durable than the PowerBooks. If sex appeal isn't a factor, the low-end iBook is the way to go.

Otherwise, the new 12" Powerbooks are the next best option.

Forum Links
Forum Rules