Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Importing Country Problem

Importing Country Problem
Zoe Smith
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 12, 2008, 04:46 PM

Hi, so in an attempt to overcome both the cuecat problem and the actor/dvd import problem I have found another problem!

I tried to get around the problems by scanning my dvd collection into DL1, but then we discovered that the import doesn't quite get things right.. so what I did was copy the asin numbers for all my items into a text file, and imported that into DL2. This worked fine.. apart from the fact that the importing ignored my country preferences completely and just went ahead and gathered the US data for all my items, which as you can guess was complete rubbish. Everything was in dollars, it all said 'us' for the country code, they all had the wrong covers, etc etc.. basically the problem was importing from a text file then refreshing the data looked at the wrong country's amazon (and I checked the activity window - it was def. looking at the US store first).

I guess I should just be patient and give up for a bit until cuecat scanning is working in DL2 again.. or until the DL1-DL2 import works properly, and go with my plan of scanning into DL1 to import into DL2. I've done all my films, but I have thousands of books and I'm kind of hanging back on scanning them until these problems are ironed out!

(And no -LD, I have no interest in the pedias.. I don't want to be buying a different app for every type of thing I own)

Forum Links
Forum Rules