Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > who's been on forums.macnn.com the longest?

who's been on forums.macnn.com the longest? (Page 4)
Railroader
Banned
Nov 6, 2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gabriel Morales View Post
I'm not even promoting anything in my post. What the heck is up with you, man?!

Oisín, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm starting to feel like there's some type of censorship going on here by other members where I can't even say what I feel, no matter how I put it. I am a long-time MacNN member, a few years older than you, and I felt that was necessary, no matter what you think.

I happen to resent the whole attitude that because I have some opinions contrary to some other members here I shouldn't be here-- this from some people who joined after me, some less than a year ago. I am not going to censor myself because it gets some people upset. I stay away from the Political Lounge because I don't want to become embroiled in heated debates, but in this I am standing my ground.

I like this board. I think it's worth visiting and contributing to. And I've said so. But if some people insist on selectively seeing only what they interpret as "bad" or "negative" and completely ignore anything else I say, no matter how many times I reiterate the "good", then it is they who have the problem, not I. You should be criticizing Railroader, not me.

People should have the decency of respecting other's opinions and thoughts, even if they disagree. I am speaking purely of my own experience, and it should be read as such. I certainly won't go bashing anyone for saying how they feel about something, just because I don't feel the same way. Why is it that it's okay to bash Apple, the entire reason this board exists, but yet I cannot relate my honest experiences over here without complaining and the whole sky falling?

And hey Railroader, if you don't like it- tough. You should analyze your own actions when you post just to insult people (as in the thread Rolling Bones linked to) or when you post just to create discord, as in this thread, all the while playing the innocent. Grow up.

As far as I'm concerned this matter is closed and done with. If you want to continue it you've got no one but yourself to blame.

Can you please stop making up stuff? I've not even mentioned that board*, and it has absolutely no bearing on what I had to say. Can you get that through your head, Peter?
Actually, you're the one who pointed out the the problems with this place and started the "discord". I am simply getting bored with all of the appletalker promotion and then those same people denying it. If you don't like it here, don't come here. If you like it elsewhere better, stay there. Why always bring it up how you like it somewhere else better? It's getting old. Old.

And before you jump on Rollingbone's side, read his posting history. You'll be shocked. That is an understatement.

*Look in your signature.

Railroader
Banned
Nov 6, 2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck View Post
A good thread is going down the drain because members

-t
You new here?

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2006, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Actually, you're the one who pointed out the the problems with this place and started the "discord".
The discord was started completely on your side. That you don't recognize that is either sad or dishonest.

I am simply getting bored with all of the appletalker promotion and then those same people denying it.
I wasn't promoting anything but MacNN at most. The rest is in your head.

If you don't like it here, don't come here. If you like it elsewhere better, stay there. Why always bring it up how you like it somewhere else better? It's getting old. Old.
It's this same kind of fanatical/immature/destructive attitude that I resent, because it brings down this board. That's exactly the type of problems I mean. What's gotten beyond old is your childish arguments.

And before you jump on Rollingbone's side, read his posting history. You'll be shocked. That is an understatement.
I'm not jumping on anyone's side, nor do I care to check anyone's post history, but I can tell you that at least in this thread he has a point. One which you miss so plainly. Your one line put downs say it all. To even waste the time to post such childish baloney speaks volumes of you. How old are you? You really need to grow up and find a more productive hobby.

*Look in your signature.
Again, it is your argument which has gotten quite stale. This has been discussed ad nauseam, and it was concluded by various mods and admins that there's nothing wrong with members having links in their sigs, whether it's for a home site, a forum, a rock band or a David Hasselhoff fan site. Of course, you'd rather re-hash this argument and continue the bickering. Please, please find a better hobby, Railroader.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 7, 2006, 08:01 AM

It's this same kind of fanatical/immature/destructive attitude that I resent, because it brings down this board. That's exactly the type of problems I mean. What's gotten beyond old is your childish arguments.
Actually your ranting has derailed more threads that not. This thread wasn't bout you. This thread wasn't about you disliking MacNN, or how you no longer feel "apart" of it.

Yet you seem to have to mention this in the most "opportune" times.

Your actions in here are childish. Very much so. So you are in no position to be telling others that are acting accordingly.

In other words, we know you have a chip on your shoulder about MacNN. We know you have AppleTalker forums. No one here wants to weed through your insistent whining about MacNN. Do that in the AppleTalker forums please.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
In other words, we know you have a chip on your shoulder about MacNN. We know you have AppleTalker forums. No one here wants to weed through your insistent whining about MacNN. Do that in the AppleTalker forums please.
All of this is based on pre-judgment and assumptions, and you know what they say about that. You assume maliciousnesses where there is none and then take it from there. You are being wholly unfair and presumptuous, but sadly you think you're entitled to that.

This thread was about being a MacNN member, and you have no right to tell me what I should or should not write on the topic. I'll post as I see fit here, and your words will not change that. So get used to it. The only whining going on here is from you, Railroader and the like. Oh yeah-- and go post someplace else if you have anymore whining to do!

Oh no, someone might think something bad about "my" board!!!!!! HELP!!!!!-- STOP WHINING!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2006, 01:22 PM

As a member from 99 I DEMAND this thread be locked!!

mindwaves
Nov 7, 2006, 01:30 PM

Ummm....class of 2000 here. Wait, I already posted. *Locked*

Forum Links
Forum Rules