Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: iMac 15' Flat Panel 800Mhz with airport card and os 10.2

FS: iMac 15' Flat Panel 800Mhz with airport card and os 10.2
bfyost
Dec 18, 2002, 12:01 PM

I want to sell my 7 month old flat panel iMac. Standard configuration that you can get from the apple store and I will include a retail box version of os 10.2, not just installed on the hard drive. Also I will include a boxed or installed, your choice, airport card. I have all of the original packing and all the included wires and restore CD's. My mom bought the same machine a couple of weeks ago and hates it so im selling mine so i can buy hers. Would like to get $1600 for the whole package and i will pay for shipping. Post here if you are intrested and we can set something up.

liquidh2o
Forum Regular
Dec 18, 2002, 04:54 PM

but why does your mom hate it? I understand there's quite a few people out there, while they are told it is very straight forward and easy to learn(os10.2), there's just some people who can't grasp the idea of using a computer. It's not a knock on anyone, it's just that some people don't seem to have that knowledge, and others do. Kinda like how some people know everything there is to know about mechanics, but show them a computer and they are clueless.

If that's indeed the case, I'd recomend(if it's a viable solution) to have her attend the classes at the apple store. It's pretty amazing to see how many people attend those, and the questions range from entry-level type, to advanced, so it's great to go and learn. And i almost forgot to mention, they're free, heh.

Only reason i'm recomending this, is that you mentioned you have to buy the computer off of her, and sell your own, and you seem pretty down and out about it.

If anything, free bump for ya

bfyost  (op)
Dec 18, 2002, 05:14 PM

thanks for the reply, but classes arent an option for them. We live over an hour from the closest apple store. They have been using PC's for years now and I guess you could say they are "set in their ways". I always tell them how I love my mac's and so on a whim, they bought one to put up in their kitchen since it was an all in one machine and wouldnt take up much space. They said they wanted the "mac experience" to see if it was all it was cracked up to be. Well let me tell you, their mac experience was terrible. The first machine came wit a messed up grapics chip or bad wire connections to the lcd, the screen was all shades of pink and sometimes if you smacked the back of the lcd it would turn the normal blues for a little bit. after fighting with apple to get it fixed, a repairman was sent out. He came and said he couldnt fix it, so back on the phone with apple. After more fighting they replaced the machine. The new machine would just shut off randomly and it was usulally when a cd was in the drive. A new repair man was sent after more fighting on the phone. He replaced ALL the internals. After that the machine would no longer play a dvd. Again on the phone, finally another replacement. This one is now perfect, but now they are just disgusted with apple and their ploicies. So in their minds, its a garbage machine and a garbage company. they want another Dell. So im just tryin to help em out.

bfyost  (op)
Dec 18, 2002, 07:15 PM

put it on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2082700110 or just search for item number 2082700110.

Forum Links
Forum Rules