Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Creating a big image out of small ones as tiles.

Creating a big image out of small ones as tiles.
Stackilberg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2003, 03:33 PM

Hi there

I was wondering if any of you knew of a quick way to do the following. I want to get a big collection of images and arrange them as tiles so that if I zoom out enough they create a new image.

In other words, I�d like to know if there�s a Photoshop (or any other software) Plug-in that let�s me choose a final picture (the zoommed out one...) and then give it a folder with various pictures so that that they would be arranged in tiles in order to create an aproximation of that final picture...

Cheers

Stackilberg

iceaxe23
Mar 31, 2003, 04:57 PM

you talking about doing a "Photo Mosaic "...do a search on yahoo or such and you should find some great ideas and maybe software...hope this helps

mosaic site
G5 dual 1.8
G4 350 superdrive now 1GHZ (gone to a new home)
Ibook 600
Mac SE

Forum Links
Forum Rules