Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes shows weird characters

iTunes shows weird characters
genevish
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2009, 10:23 PM

iTunes is showing weird characters all of the sudden. They look asian or chinese. I ran software update and installed 5 updates. I also rebooted. Any ideas how I can fix this issue?

Note that the names of the sections on the left are in the same characters, except for the one I have selected,"Music". If I select a different section, that section will show correctly and the one that is deselected is shown incorrectly.

-Scott
Scott Genevish
scott AT genevish DOT org

cwkmacuser
Senior User
Mar 15, 2009, 01:37 PM

i switched the language of my computer and had a similar problem. See if your language (in the international pane of System Preferences) has been changed.

Cold Warrior
Mar 15, 2009, 01:42 PM

FWIW those are mostly Hebrew characters (except for the squares, which are just squares).

Like cwk said, check out your system language settings. Make sure English is on the top of the list.

genevish  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 15, 2009, 06:57 PM

Ahh, figured it out. Checking the fonts with Font Book showed a duplicate font (Lucidia Grande). Removing the duplicate fixed it.

Thanks,

-Scott
Scott Genevish
scott AT genevish DOT org

Forum Links
Forum Rules