Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Rush: Sanford Affair: It's Obama's Fault!

Rush: Sanford Affair: It's Obama's Fault!
- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jun 25, 2009, 11:51 PM

Haha. This is just comedy gold!

Limbaugh On The Sanford Affair: It's Obama's Fault! | TPMDC (link has audio)

Originally Posted by TPM
On his radio show today, Rush Limbaugh offered his own explanation for the Mark Sanford scandal: That Sanford flew out of the country to have an affair because President Obama drove him over the edge:

"This is almost like, 'I don't give a damn, the country's going to Hell in a handbasket, I just want out of here,'" said Limbaugh. "He had just tried to fight the stimulus money coming to South Carolina. He didn't want any part of it. He lost the battle. He said, 'What the Hell. I mean, I'm -- the federal government's taking over -- what the Hell, I want to enjoy life.'"

"The point is," he added, "there are a lot of people whose spirit is just -- they're fed up, saying to Hell with it, I don't even want to fight this anymore, I just want to get away from it."

Are there anyone who takes anything this windbag has to say seriously over there?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 12:25 AM

The Right Wing always want to blame others.

It's always the fault of:

1. Liberals
2. Liberal Media
3. Democrats
4. Immigrants
5. The Gay
6. The Jew
7. Bill Clinton
8. Obama

I say it's the fault of Bill Clinton, Obama, Immigrants, Liberal Media, and The Gay that Mark Sanford is cheating on wife and doing a stupid thing like flying out to Argentina for a week during Father's Day without telling anyone. IDIOT!

Obama's fault - He is the current President
Bill Clinton's fault - Cause he made cheating acceptable and fun
The Gay - For destroying the sanctity of marriage
Immigrants - Cause the lady was from Argentina
Liberal Media - For asking where the hell is Mark Sanford
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 12:30 AM

good grief

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2009, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post

1. Liberals
2. Liberal Media
3. Democrats
4. Immigrants
5. The Gay
6. The Jew
7. Bill Clinton
8. Obama

I say it's the fault of Bill Clinton, Obama, Immigrants, Liberal Media, and The Gay that Mark Sanford is cheating on wife and doing a stupid thing like flying out to Argentina for a week during Father's Day without telling anyone. IDIOT!

And Obama hasn't done this since Day One? And you are aware of the media refusing to show ads countering Obama's health care reform? Liberal Media, right.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 09:45 AM

You know, I don't give a damn what Rush thinks, and I really could careless about the affair outside of the hilarity that he thought he could get to Argentina without anyone noticing.

What I do find interesting is a few posters in here who would normally be all over this aren't, and I can only assume it's because an (R) comes after his name. So well done, you partisan hacks.

Also, congratulations to hyteckit for derailing the thread in the first post.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 26, 2009, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
You know, I don't give a damn what Rush thinks, and I really could careless about the affair outside of the hilarity that he thought he could get to Argentina without anyone noticing.

What I do find interesting is a few posters in here who would normally be all over this aren't, and I can only assume it's because an (R) comes after his name. So well done, you partisan hacks.

Give it some time, I mean the thread was posted yesterday. We partisan hacks are busy arguing nationalized health care and unprecedented stake in major automobile manufacturers. Iran is imploding on itself and Michael Jackson died. C'mon man, this (R)'s sexual escapades rank at least... 5th here.

- I find Sanford's actions deplorable and his act of leaving the home over father's day weekend frankly, dissociative. His career has gone the way of Edwards'. Shame really, lots of potential and yet another has fallen because the wrong head is doing the thinking. I hope she was hot.

- You people still don't get Rush. You hear something absurd and instead of seeing any humor in it or sarcasm, just think it's absurd. When will you understand that Rush does not claim to be a serious political pundit. He has built his career on humorous, biting, political analysis. I only wish the partisan hacks from the left were as critical of their entertainment. This is obviously a play on how Bush was blamed for everything from hurricanes to Courtney Love's financial woes and personal trouble.

Tit-for-tat and all that. So a (D) is at the helm, this doesn't mean criticism, biting analysis, or humor at the President's expense has to come to a screeching halt. Friggin' fascists.
ebuddy

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 10:17 AM

You were not one of the people who came to mind, ebuddy. You may have become more entrenched in your views in the brief time I've been here, but hack wouldn't be on the short list of adjectives I'd use to describe you.

kobi
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 26, 2009, 10:24 AM

1. Liberals
2. Liberal Media
3. Democrats
4. Immigrants
5. The Gay
6. The Jew
7. Bill Clinton
8. Obama

+100

This couldn't have happened to a nicer conservative.........especially one that was so vocal against Clinton's affair being morally unjust and all.

So is it Obama's fault that Sanford bankrupted South Carolina and still refused bailout funds for the unemployed as well?

Is it also Obama's fault that Sanford's trips to visit his mistress in South America were paid for by the state?

Or was it Obama's fault that Fox news reported Sanford as a Democrat when the news broke?

I think that last one was that "gotcha Liberal elite media" and not Obama's fault.

Thanks for keeping the thread real hyteckit, some of these wingnuts here need some truth in their lives.
The Religious Right is neither.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 26, 2009, 10:24 AM

1. Liberals
Well... it is. If it doesn't make sense, it's because a relativist is involved.

2. Liberal Media
It is in their unprecedented attempt to shape populace thought through forged documents, outright lies, calling a President of the US "like a god" and bowing to him that raises suspicion.

3. Democrats
Well... duh!

4. Immigrants
You mean... illegal immigrants? Granted, I could blame Arnold Schwarzenegger for a lot of California's woes, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with "immigrants" themselves.

5. The Gay

6. The Jew
I could only blame them for their lack of resolve in dealing with their most influential enemies, those of the left.

7. Bill Clinton
This is true, but it's George Bush's fault.

8. Obama
Obama is Bush's fault.

You excluded the Jews. Run out of room on your bumper sticker?
ebuddy

kobi
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 26, 2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
- You people still don't get Rush. You hear something absurd and instead of seeing any humor in it or sarcasm, just think it's absurd. When will you understand that Rush does not claim to be a serious political pundit. He has built his career on humorous, biting, political analysis. I only wish the partisan hacks from the left were as critical of their entertainment. This is obviously a play on how Bush was blamed for everything from hurricanes to Courtney Love's financial woes and personal trouble.
Look you can try and sell the whole Rush is a entertainer drivel somewhere else. Unfortunately when Rush talks wingnuts listen. Rush is nothing more than the propagandist the GOP wants him to be. I'd believe the whole entertainment issue more if Rush was more than a way for the GOP to spread it's talking points, but he's not. Like it or not Rush is the face of the new Republican party, his hard line views are becoming the GOP's views and the party is imploding because of it. As a Democrat I love Rush, as he's driving more and more people away to our side daily.
The Religious Right is neither.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 10:37 AM

Unfortunately, as is often the case, you're the one who doesn't get it. When will you understand that the people who listen to Rush (and there are millions of them) do take him as a serious political pundit! They're not listening to him for humor; they're listening to stoke their emotional little minds, and provide them with quick solutions for the complex problems they see around them, that they can't understand. If you state otherwise, you're either disingenuous, or extremely naive.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Haha. This is just comedy gold
Seconded.

I don't know why the Dems hate Rush, isn't he very entertaining ?

I mean, it's obvious that most of his stuff is not meant to be taken serious.
I just wonder why neither Reps nor Dems realize that...

-t

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 26, 2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by kobi View Post
Look you can try and sell the whole Rush is a entertainer drivel somewhere else.
Why, leftist shills can't handle reasoned, informed discussion?

Unfortunately when Rush talks wingnuts listen. Rush is nothing more than the propagandist the GOP wants him to be. I'd believe the whole entertainment issue more if Rush was more than a way for the GOP to spread it's talking points, but he's not. Like it or not Rush is the face of the new Republican party, his hard line views are becoming the GOP's views and the party is imploding because of it. As a Democrat I love Rush, as he's driving more and more people away to our side daily.
Friggin' classic. Rush is nothing more than the provider of talking points eh? Come up with the whole "he's the new face of the Republican party" all by yourself kobi?

wingnuts indeed! When will you realize that the reason you find him reprehensible is that you simply can't hear dissenting opinion? You're talking about "driving people to the other side" as if his skyrocketing ratings don't exist and the constant quoting of him by leftist shills like you doesn't continue to drive more listenership, more propaganda, and more people to the other, other side.
ebuddy

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 12:45 PM

Yes, this is what really separates the left from the right. When someone on the left does something wrong or stupid they own up to it.
How do I string together lol faces in white text again?
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2009, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
Yes, this is what really separates the left from the right. When someone on the left does something wrong or stupid they own up to it.

-t

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2009, 01:02 PM

An (R) comes after who's name, Rush or Sanford?

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2009, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
Sort of like Clinton who didn't inhale?

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ctt1wbw View Post
An (R) comes after who's name, Rush or Sanford?
Gov. Mark Sanford.

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2009, 01:10 PM

Oh, I thought people were talking about Rush now...

Anyway, Sanford is a cheater. A dirtbag. I don't care about his party affiliation. He's a douche.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2009, 01:12 PM

You can always just put a (D) there.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2009, 01:23 PM

FOX News seems to do that quite a bit.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post

Tell me that's a photoshop.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2009, 01:27 PM

Why, leftist shills can't handle reasoned, informed discussion?
Heh. I think you mean shills in general. No amount of reason or information will convince a conservative Christian that mythology isn't science, therefor it doesn't belong in the science class room.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 26, 2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
Unfortunately, as is often the case, you're the one who doesn't get it.
As is often the case? You've been silenced by me so often here I'm surprised you've not relegated yourself to the Craigslist rants and raves forum.

When will you understand that the people who listen to Rush (and there are millions of them) do take him as a serious political pundit!
When will you realize that blanket generalizations like the above do not help your case against "their little minds" as much as expose your own?

They're not listening to him for humor; they're listening to stoke their emotional little minds, and provide them with quick solutions for the complex problems they see around them, that they can't understand. If you state otherwise, you're either disingenuous, or extremely naive.
The purpose of his program is to stoke the little emotional minds of the clueless, leftist shills who promote his program. The fact that you're using this example to make your point; an obvious play on the "blame game" prevalent over the last eight years, is proof that you have no examples of Rush simplifying complex problems to appeal to the inferior reasoning of his listeners.

Humor is most entertaining when there's an element of truth to it. People who master this balance do well for themselves. Rush is not an exception to this well-known phenomena just because OldManMac doesn't like him.
ebuddy

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2009, 02:18 PM

This is obviously a play on how Bush was blamed for everything from hurricanes to Courtney Love's financial woes and personal trouble.

I mean this 100% honestly, and with no snark. I wish you had made the joke. Then it would have been comprehensible and funny.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 02:20 PM

Give it some time, I mean the thread was posted yesterday. We partisan hacks are busy arguing nationalized health care and unprecedented stake in major automobile manufacturers. Iran is imploding on itself and Michael Jackson died. C'mon man, this (R)'s sexual escapades rank at least... 5th here.
It should be noted that when I said "they would be all over this" I meant they would have started the thread as soon as it happened.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2009, 02:22 PM

Tell me that's a photoshop.

I honestly hadn't thought of that. It's being presented as a legit event.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 02:23 PM

I honestly hadn't thought of that. It's being presented as a legit event.
...was that a joke?

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2009, 02:38 PM

Ummm... Yeah! A joke!

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 02:39 PM

I thought so, but I had to make sure.

I suppose the question that remains is why is this mistake becoming a trend for Fox News?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2009, 02:48 PM

I thought so, but I had to make sure.

I suppose the question that remains is why is this mistake becoming a trend for Fox News?
Is that really a question? Fox News seems to exist just to make other TV news look legitimate by comparison.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 02:53 PM

It was mostly rhetorical, but I am perplexed at what they could possibly gain from mistakes like that, short or long term.

Rumor
Jun 26, 2009, 06:54 PM

There are quite of few of these "mistakes" here.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2009, 11:03 PM

As is often the case? You've been silenced by me so often here I'm surprised you've not relegated yourself to the Craigslist rants and raves forum.

When will you realize that blanket generalizations like the above do not help your case against "their little minds" as much as expose your own?

The purpose of his program is to stoke the little emotional minds of the clueless, leftist shills who promote his program. The fact that you're using this example to make your point; an obvious play on the "blame game" prevalent over the last eight years, is proof that you have no examples of Rush simplifying complex problems to appeal to the inferior reasoning of his listeners.

Humor is most entertaining when there's an element of truth to it. People who master this balance do well for themselves. Rush is not an exception to this well-known phenomena just because OldManMac doesn't like him.
Damn; you silenced me again.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2009, 12:03 AM

kylef
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2009, 04:19 AM

One less candidate to worry about come 2012.

- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2009, 06:20 AM

If you listen to the audio he makes it quite clear to the e-mailer that Yes, he does indeed mean this seriously.

No, it's not sarcasm. It's not satire. It's not meant to be funny.

Rush Limbaugh is not a comedic genius, he is simply a windbag pundit. And like Ann Coulter before he is making it bloody hard for serious republican to be taken seriously.

But hey, that's just what your inane two-party system gets you.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2009, 09:10 AM

Mark Sanford is now compares himself to King David.

His wife found out about the affair months ago. She was willing to forgive him and told him to spend a week or two away from her and the kids to think about what he has done and what is important to him.

What's more important to Mark Sanford?

Choice 1
--------
His Wife
His Children
His Job/Career
His Morals
His Christian Values
His Reputation
His Duties as a Father, Husband, and Governor

Choice 2
--------
A hot piece of Argentina Ass.

Guess what Mark Sanford, a potential 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate, chose?

Choice #2: A hot piece of Argentina Ass

Mark Sanford. What a idiot douchbag! You made a mistake and your wife was willing to forgive you, but you continue on with the affair anyways. You place your Argentina mistress above your other priorities.
( Last edited by hyteckit; Jun 27, 2009 at 09:17 AM. )
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2009, 10:10 AM

It was mostly rhetorical, but I am perplexed at what they could possibly gain from mistakes like that, short or long term.
It makes their viewers feel better to see infidelity with a (D)?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2009, 11:17 AM

Guess what Mark Sanford, a potential 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate, chose?

Choice #2: A hot piece of Argentina Ass
I thought that was always the correct choice.
Chuck
___

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2009, 01:31 PM

If you listen to the audio he makes it quite clear to the e-mailer that Yes, he does indeed mean this seriously.

No, it's not sarcasm. It's not satire. It's not meant to be funny.

Rush Limbaugh is not a comedic genius, he is simply a windbag pundit. And like Ann Coulter before he is making it bloody hard for serious republican to be taken seriously.

i'm voting for Tarquin Fintimlimbimlimbimwhinbimlin Bus Stop Ftang Ftang Olay Biscuit Barrel.
45/47

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2009, 01:50 PM

Talk about a windbag pundit! Oh, the irony!

Either of the two people you mentioned are elected to which public office, and therefore have exactly what to do with a two party system?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post

Either of the two people you mentioned are elected to which public office, and therefore have exactly what to do with a two party system?
You think the only people who have any relationship to the Democratic and Republican parties are elected officials?
Chuck
___

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2009, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
You think the only people who have any relationship to the Democratic and Republican parties are elected officials?
Try and keep up Chuckit. I'll ask again, what does either person mentioned have to do with the two party system being 'inane' or not?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2009, 10:59 PM

Mark Sanford. What a idiot douchbag!
Yeah, but I take a horny Sanford over a retard like Franks any day.

-t

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2009, 11:34 PM

What I put in the toilet every morning at 8 am has more intellect that Barney's Frank.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 28, 2009, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by ctt1wbw View Post
What I put in the toilet every morning at 8 am has more intellect that Barney's Frank.
I suspect that Barney's Frank has more intellect than Frank's Barney...

-t

- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 28, 2009, 06:01 AM

I don't have a national radioshow or pretend to speak on behalf of any party. Yet this tool does, and if I were a Republican I'd disown this asshat early and often if I were ever to be taken serious in anything. Ever.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2009, 12:59 PM

I don't have a national radioshow or pretend to speak on behalf of any party. Yet this tool does,
Actually, no he doesn't, and he never has.

Again, pot calling the kettle black in not knowing what the hell you're talking about.

Also, I might suggest you taking a basic civics course, so you can learn the difference between an elected official, and a talk show host (!!) before making comments about representatives of political parties and two party systems and such. Windbag indeed.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2009, 06:38 PM

Actually, no he doesn't, and he never has.

Again, pot calling the kettle black in not knowing what the hell you're talking about.

Also, I might suggest you taking a basic civics course, so you can learn the difference between an elected official, and a talk show host (!!) before making comments about representatives of political parties and two party systems and such. Windbag indeed.
If it were a left-leaning pundit, you'd no doubt be all over it, claiming how he/she represents the Democratic party. How disingenuous can you get?

Funny stuff.

Forum Links
Forum Rules