Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hey them things real

Hey them things real
Gator Lager
Senior User
Sep 5, 2007, 11:25 AM

Nope. Oh I thought you were talking about her boobies, not the bombs.
well that's one way to clean up naw'leans. nuk'em clean.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...090500762.html

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2007, 11:28 AM

Boobies ?

-t

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 5, 2007, 11:32 AM

Hey!!!

The plane was carrying Advanced Cruise Missiles from Minot Air Force Base, N.D, to Barksdale Air Force Base, La., on Aug. 30, said the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of a Defense Department policy not to confirm information on nuclear weapons.
Barksdale Air Force Base is in Bossier City (where I live). Pilots of the B-52s have said they use our church to line up to the BAFB runway. The planes fly pretty low over our church.

In other words, nukes possibly flew over my head while I was sitting here at work.

Gator Lager  (op)
Senior User
Sep 5, 2007, 11:34 AM

thought you'd be interested in this one.
remember when you see a B-52 flying over.
DUCK AND COVER.

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2007, 12:27 PM

For some reason in my head I was picturing the old school B-52's, like from WWII. I guess I didnt know they continued the name to newer models.. and a lame band.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Barksdale Air Force Base is in Bossier City (where I live). Pilots of the B-52s have said they use our church to line up to the BAFB runway. The planes fly pretty low over our church.

In other words, nukes possibly flew over my head while I was sitting here at work.
Dang, that's a lot of B52s sitting on that base (in Google Earth) - over 40.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2007, 12:54 PM

And we're blathering on and on about terrorists.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 5, 2007, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Dang, that's a lot of B52s sitting on that base (in Google Earth) - over 40.
They fly overhead all day long, as well as some others. Every once in a while we see a stealth bomber, which is strangely exciting to me, for some reason.

Bush flew into BAFB on 9-11 too. A friend and I watched Air Force One leaving.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 5, 2007, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
And we're blathering on and on about terrorists.
Yeah, cause we're just as dangerous to our own security as they are, right? Is that the point you're attempting to make here?

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2007, 01:18 PM

Sadly, if something bad had happened, I actually wonder if the government would have admitted to it.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2007, 01:35 PM

Yeah, cause we're just as dangerous to our own security as they are, right? Is that the point you're attempting to make here?
With people like this not watching where loaded planes are, it's a concern. It's an inexcusable error. Besdies, you're going to die from any of a number of causes other than terrorism. Irrational fear is a powerful motivator.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2007, 01:40 PM

They fly overhead all day long, as well as some others. Every once in a while we see a stealth bomber, which is strangely exciting to me, for some reason.
I hate flying with a passion (like avoid it where possible) but I love watching sleek, gorgeous machines flying over. So I know where you're coming from.

Plus, you know that those machines have heroes driving them.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

abe
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2007, 02:00 PM

Hey kiddies, a couple things to keep in mind.

1. The Pentagon ANNOUNCED this. So to anyone looking for a conspiracy that the big bad government is trying to hide something, look elsewhere.

2. Nukes flying overhead? In the Cold War that was commonplace. No big deal. Anyone concerned with it now is only showing how little they know about the world they live in.

Here's another example of that same, 'much ado about nothing' would-be hysteria.

Doctors are going to inject perfectly healthy children with live Polio cells.

Wild-eyed reactionary: OMG! How can they do such a thing??!! This government needs to be stopped for trying to kill our children. This is terrible! Buck Fush!!!!

Two polio vaccines are used throughout the world to combat polio. The first was developed by Jonas Salk, first tested in 1952, and announced to the world by Salk on April 12, 1955. It consists of an injected dose of inactivated (dead ) poliovirus. Thereafter, Albert Sabin produced an oral polio vaccine using attenuated* poliovirus. Human trials of Sabin's vaccine began in 1957 and it was licensed in 1962.[1] The two vaccines have eradicated polio from most of the countries in the world[2][3] and reduced the worldwide incidence from an estimated 350,000 cases in 1988 to fewer than 2000 cases in 2006.[4][5]
*The verb "attenuate" means "to become weak."

Attenuation in virology is reducing the virulence of a virus, whilst keeping it viable (or 'live'), for the purpose of creating a vaccine. It is the counterpart of the vaccines produced by 'killing' the virus (inactivated vaccine).

America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Forum Links
Forum Rules