Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > PS3 Move and Region coding question

PS3 Move and Region coding question
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2011, 10:55 AM

Back from Christmas break, and i got a PS3 Move started kit(move controller, camera, Starter disc) from Region 2. The starter disc box has a region 2 logo on it. I just got back home (Region 4, like my PS3) and set it up and installed one of the demos, it all worked fine.

Whats the deal with region coding on the PS3 ? is it like DVD players that switch 5 times and then lock on the last one ? how do i check if my PS3 is locked/set on a specific region for movies/games ?

Cheers

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 3, 2011, 06:00 PM

From what I remember at launch, the PS3 is region free. That was supposed to be one of the many plusses in its favor.

P
Jan 4, 2011, 03:31 PM

The PS3 is region free for games but region locked for DVD and Bluray. Bluray is not an issue for you (DVD region 2 and 4 are both in Bluray region B) but DVD is. Good thing DVD-players are cheap these days.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2011, 09:19 AM

Cheers for clearing that up. I read the fine print on the box and it lists Europe, MidEast, India, Oceania, etc...

But Strangely the logo for the region code has a number "2" on it, which is kinda weird.

Cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules