Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > where can i buy a new pismo 500?

where can i buy a new pismo 500?
brendan
Feb 4, 2001, 12:55 AM

anyone know? do you think its ok to buy refurbished? smalldog has a refurbed pismo 500 for $2k.. seems a little high since thats how much new ones were selling for before Ti came out.. now it seems like everyone is out of the 500mhz models.. oh yea how long is the standard warranty on PBs? 90 days? thanks for ur help!!

EmAn
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2001, 11:27 AM

As far as I know Mac Warehouse still has new Pismo 500s.

------------------
FrOm ThE MiNd oF EmAn
[email protected]

ekoelbel
Feb 4, 2001, 11:37 AM

i think $2K is standard for a pismo500 these days, but they are in short supply.

i believe the standard warranty is one year (could be wrong on this - anyone?), but not sure about a refurb. model.

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2001, 11:48 AM

Refurb warranties are 90 days... but you can add AppleCare to a refurb to extend the coverage
dave

brendan
Feb 4, 2001, 09:46 PM

Originally posted by EmAn:
As far as I know Mac Warehouse still has new Pismo 500s.

hmm i checked and cant find any.. only 400s..

jeromep
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 5, 2001, 05:18 AM

I think the forgone conclusion is that there are few if any 500s still in the pipe. They were not made in the quantity as the 400s were and when the prices dropped everyone put out the money for the 500 and therefor the 400s are still sitting in the channels and probably will until they get liquadated in some fashion.

Please keep in mind that the paper catalogues that come out are usually about 3 weeks out of date when they finally get to your doorstep.

Forum Links
Forum Rules