Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Netscape 6 laughs

Netscape 6 laughs
oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2000, 07:04 AM

http://www.satirewire.com/briefs/netscape6.shtml

Sounds about right...

------------------
-See Yea!

bleen
Senior User
Dec 4, 2000, 08:16 AM

Netscape really dug a hole for themselves, and NS 6 just digs that hole deeper. We shouldn't laugh at the idea of "14 Netscape users," us as Mac users usually get the same jokes about us. Luckally MS has been kind in building a nice IE for the Mac though.

bwilliam
Dec 4, 2000, 11:13 PM

Originally posted by bleen:
Netscape really dug a hole for themselves, and NS 6 just digs that hole deeper. We shouldn't laugh at the idea of "14 Netscape users," us as Mac users usually get the same jokes about us. Luckally MS has been kind in building a nice IE for the Mac though.
Well - 14 is a slight (anti)exaggeration. At my site, it's about 60/40 in favour of IE - way smaller than the percentage of mac users...

I've had a quick look at N6 and it seems very similar to IE5, but not as good. Rather like IE3 was compared with N3.

I still haven't figured out how to get to my newsgroups in N6...

Forum Links
Forum Rules