Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > FTP trouble!! Help!

FTP trouble!! Help!
Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2000, 07:01 PM

I had a to use a PC set up my message board because when uploading the CGI scripts needed to run the board they need to be uploaded in ASCII mode. The kicker is it has to be a SPECIFIC ASCII mode, I have to find a way to set my CHMOD value to '0755'. I need to know how to set my FTP ASCII values. �I am running Transmit AND Fetch and I as far as I know it's not possible with either of these. If any of you know how please oh please let me know so I can do this ALL from my computer and not from a nearby PC. �Any other FTP app suggestions are greatly apreceated. Thanks.

Mac Guru

------------------

t0ken
Dec 25, 2000, 10:42 PM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
The kicker is it has to be a SPECIFIC ASCII mode, I have to find a way to set my CHMOD value to '0755'.
don't you mean 755?

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
I need to know how to set my FTP ASCII values. �I am running Transmit AND Fetch and I as far as I know it's not possible with either of these.
not sure about fetch, but this can be done with transmit.
  • choose edit -> preferences, then click on the files tab.
  • under permissions, click on automatically set uploaded permisions to...
  • read is 4, write is 2, and execute is 1.
  • the format 755 is owner, group, world.
  • so, 755 means: (4+2+1)(4+1)(4+1), which means owner can read, write and execute the file, group and world can only read and execute the file.
  • so, to set permissions 755, click on owner: read write execute, group: read execute, world: read execute.
  • as another example, 777 would mean everybody could read, write and execute the file, so you would click on owner: read write execute, group: read write execute, world: read write execute.
hope this helps,

0utr0x, t0ken.

[This message has been edited by t0ken (edited 12-25-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules