Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > where to find new geforce drivers ?

where to find new geforce drivers ?
DragonFly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2002, 08:41 PM

I have a problem with my refresh rates.... i can only select 75hz in the display prefs for some odd reason. Now i thought i might have to upgrade my display drivers... but i can't find any information on this.. neither on apples nore on nvideas site. Any hints?

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2002, 11:09 PM

What version of OS are you running? If you've upgraded to 10.2, I think you've already got the latest drivers. I'm pretty sure Apple distributes the latest Mac nVidia drivers.

But if anyone knows different, please tell. I've recently gotten a flashed PC GeForce3, and 10.1.x as well as 10.2.x has not liked it too much. I get a pretty annoying flicker doing just about anything. Everything else is great, just this pretty annoying bug. I've been hoping they'd fix it, but no luck yet. Anyone have any info on this problem or any new drivers coming out?

tosch
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2002, 06:37 AM

I've recently gotten a flashed PC GeForce3, and 10.1.x as well as 10.2.x has not liked it too much. I get a pretty annoying flicker doing just about anything. Everything else is great, just this pretty annoying bug. I've been hoping they'd fix it, but no luck yet. Anyone have any info on this problem or any new drivers coming out? [/B]
Same here! And we are not alone. There is a whole thread about this problem at discussions.info.apple.com. The only "fix" is to disable QE.

Be sure to send feedback about this to Apple. The more complaints they get, the more likely they do something about it.

Thomas

DragonFly  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2002, 08:15 AM

I'm using OS 10.2. I did not have to upgrade though. The computer came with OS 10.2. I have read about that quartz extreme flickering but I'm lucky with that. My problem is 'only' the refresh rate. I wanted to report that to apple somehow but i did not find a contact acddress at apples site that would allow me to do so... just that stupid online 'help' Where would i mail to for that? And assuming i had not the latest drivers... where would i get new ones?

thanx for your replys.

Forum Links
Forum Rules