Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Redline progress! Progress?

Redline progress! Progress?
Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Oct 29, 2004, 01:27 PM

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/ind...howtopic=34314

Well slarti just posted a video. Unfortunately, it hasn't much improved graphics-wise. Sure it's got a bunch of the new effects seen in present day games but it still looks like Carmageddon 2 or Driver in terms of poly count and textures.

God damn, I've been waiting for so long for this game only to be disappointed.

It might fun to play but I'd love to see 2003 or 2004 level graphics in there.

Hopefully the game will rock in the gameplay dept. because if it doesn't, it'll be yet another Ambrosia game I was really looking forward to that I shall soon forget.

ambush
Banned
Oct 29, 2004, 05:01 PM

this project is such a lame joke.

oh and when is iSeek 1.5/2 coming? I thought you guys had big plans (obviously Apple "stole" your idea.)

Johnny_B
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2004, 07:33 PM

Look kinda "1998" or something. Ambrosia is sloooooow. I like the company, but the last years they have been rather lazy, and their new projects doesn't seem to come, or be very good. Maybe they have to make some expansion to EV Nova to get enough money to run the firm, atleast I can't see how they manage to stay alive, since they never release anything.
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core, Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 29, 2004, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by ambush:
this project is such a lame joke.

I'd never even heard of this. What the hell is it? Is it supposed to be a popular racing gaming? Looks fairly graphically disappointing thus far, but it may be fun gameplay-wise.

oh and when is iSeek 1.5/2 coming? I thought you guys had big plans (obviously Apple "stole" your idea.)
Dude, let go. Just let go.

Forum Links
Forum Rules