Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > WoW is a Crashy Mofo Under Tiger

WoW is a Crashy Mofo Under Tiger
Horsepoo!!!
Banned
May 18, 2005, 04:50 PM

On a speedometer, this suckah crashes 4 times and hour...no joke. Anyone got a magical trick to make it stop crashing, other than cancel my account and never launch WoW ever again?

greenamp
Mac Elite
May 18, 2005, 05:08 PM

WoW has never crashed on me before. You'll have better luck finding a solution to your issue here:
WoW Tech Support forums

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
May 18, 2005, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by greenamp
WoW has never crashed on me before. You'll have better luck finding a solution to your issue here:
WoW Tech Support forums
I think I would have better luck finding a solution in my toilet than on the blizzard forums.

Horsepoo!!!  (op)
Banned
May 18, 2005, 06:56 PM

Are you using Tiger?

a2daj
Mac Elite
May 18, 2005, 07:16 PM

I'm using Tiger and haven't had a single crash. I think my last WoW crash was back in December. And I play a lot.

The Tech Support forums have two pinned Mac related threads with have some very helpful information. Rob Barris interacts with it directly rather than the standard tech support guys. Read the first and second posts of the main Mac Troubleshooting thread for standard troubleshooting tips (like disabling GUI mods, moving the WDB and WTF files, etc) as well as the Mac support email address. Also, it might be helpful to skim the pages to see what others have said. It's pruned fairly regularly so most of the first 20 pages has a better signal to noise ratio than the latter posts, but even then, there's still a lot of good information regardless.

If you do post in that thread, remember to post as much system information as possible. It's really helpful to anyone trying to help when someone posts something like "Wow is crashing. Help!"

cheerios
Professional Poster
May 18, 2005, 08:17 PM

the only time i have had wow crashing issues, was a problem with bad RAM... if you have enough you might try to swap some out and see if that helps. I was crashing every 5-10 minutes, so I feel your pain!!

Tiger's been nothing but stable for me, however, so it sounds like the problem is with your stuff, not the OS itself

good luck!
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

greenamp
Mac Elite
May 19, 2005, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by AKcrab
I think I would have better luck finding a solution in my toilet than on the blizzard forums.
The WoW tech support forums are actually very helpful. Their are actually 2 stickies there discussing Mac/OS 10.4 issues.

I have seen a couple posts about this very same problem in Tiger, and I think the solution was to drag the WTF and WDB folders to the desktop and delete them if the problem was fixed. I wasn't 100% sure though which is why I linked him to the tech support forums.

edit: a2daj has already said this.
( Last edited by greenamp; May 19, 2005 at 12:32 AM. )

Horsepoo!!!  (op)
Banned
May 19, 2005, 07:51 AM

I proceeded with a full reinstallation of WoW under Tiger. Hopefully this will solve my problems. Almost 2 hours worth of installing/downloading to reinstall at this point.

wowway1
Forum Regular
May 19, 2005, 09:30 AM

WoWing under Tiger here since it's launch, zero problems.

videian28
Mac Elite
May 19, 2005, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by wowway1
WoWing under Tiger here since it's launch, zero problems.

same here, no problems at all

Turnpike
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2005, 08:37 PM

Been playing WoW on 10.4 here, no problem... until today. Now it crashes when the world loads (if I try again quickly, it will attempt to load me in unsuccessfully, do to my character still being on... if I wait, when it would normally let me in successfully, it crashes me out again).

I'm trying to remember... I think I've played since I upgraded to 10.4.1... but I'm not entirely sure.

Going to check the official forums now...

Turnpike
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2005, 09:03 PM

nothing on the official forums for my specific problem (well, no solutions) but removing my Interface folder seemed to do the trick. Now to play the OS 9 and below extensions conflict game to see what did it!

cheerios
Professional Poster
May 20, 2005, 03:15 PM

LOL aren't mods fun!

good luck Turnpike... what are you using right now? I keep finding more and more things I'd like to put into my interface directory... I fear it may implode soon :/
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

Forum Links
Forum Rules