Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Internal Modem Sound 1.0

Internal Modem Sound 1.0
firefly
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 4, 2001, 02:07 PM

I need the extension, Internal Modem Sound 1.0, that shipped with Performa computers to enable the internal modem to play sound through the speakers. Audio Volume 1.1 does not work. Since I don't have the original install CD for my 6320, could someone who has the file please send it to me? My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

loudpedal
Forum Regular
Jun 5, 2001, 10:56 PM

Are you sure about the filename? I just searched thorough a Performa 6400 system CD I have and couldn't find anything named "Internal Modem Sound" anything. Could it be a part of another extension?
"When the light turns green, get off the brakes and stand on the loudpedal!"

AppleScript
Forum Regular
Jun 6, 2001, 01:01 AM

I have a copy of that file. However, I can't email it to you because the email address you provided doesn't exist.

(40)

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: AppleScript ]

firefly  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 7, 2001, 09:07 AM

My email doesn't exist? I don't understand how you got an error like that. Anyway, I got hold of the extension from somebody else, and it doesn't work. In fact, I can source the internal modem to play sounds while it dials, but I can only capture them using SimpleSound (it doesn't play them as it dials). Is the internal modem sound extension just for GV modems, because I have an Apple Personal 28.8 internal modem. Is there also any other way to set sound to play through the speaker? This is Mac OS 8.1. Monitors & Sound doesn't have any 'playthrough' option, and with the old sound cp, the playthrough button is dimmed (but checked). The modem plays through either Internal CD or Internal AV. However playing an audio CD through that option works fine.

I might try OS 9.1 because it has a much better sound control panel.

Forum Links
Forum Rules