Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Your Unfavorite Slang

Your Unfavorite Slang (Page 2)
DeathMan
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2005, 03:36 AM

A vote for "prolly" "my bad" and "it's all good" its worse when they say it twice: " 'sall good, 'sall good"

I do like the phrase: "nice," but its getting kind of old.

My Bro: "I just sniped the ebay auction for that gibson we were looking at."
Me: "Nice!"

I say "sweet" all the time. It took Napoleon to shake that one to my attention. I'll probably just start saying nice for everything, if I can't come up with a good one. "Tits" probably won't go over really well in my ultra conservative community.

My Boss: So how are things going today?
Me: Tits!

I hate gg. But I like to hear n1. And I like to say gg.

roberto blanco
Senior User
Jan 6, 2005, 04:12 AM

when somebody says "true that"!

when did people start using this stupid phrase?

but what i hate even more is when people think they are so fu<kin' aloof and completely "above" using slang. get over it. i don't know a single person who doesn't at least use some kind of dialect or slang in their every day language? (opinions...assholes...you know?)

yup, actually it's attitudes which bug me far more than slangs. like when somebody says "grow up already". what is that supposed to mean? that "grown ups" are better people than youngsters? or somebody of this and that age shouldn't act so mature/immature.

/rant

oh, and i really like the various forms of "pwned". it's teh rOXX0r5! no, really...

life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators - r. dawkins

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2005, 09:50 AM

Originally posted by DeathMan:
A vote for "prolly" "my bad" and "it's all good" its worse when they say it twice: " 'sall good, 'sall good"

I do like the phrase: "nice," but its getting kind of old.

My Bro: "I just sniped the ebay auction for that gibson we were looking at."
Me: "Nice!"

I say "sweet" all the time. It took Napoleon to shake that one to my attention. I'll probably just start saying nice for everything, if I can't come up with a good one. "Tits" probably won't go over really well in my ultra conservative community.

My Boss: So how are things going today?
Me: Tits!

I hate gg. But I like to hear n1. And I like to say gg.
I absolutely hate "it's all good." I mean teeth clenchingly hate it. It is one of the most insipid bits of vernacular to show up since "don't worry, be happy."
It's all good, huh? Every last bit of it is good? If it is literally *all* good, then this is the phrase for every occasion! Like:
"150,000 people have died as a result of the tsunami."
"It's all good!"
Idiots who say "it's all good" need to be beat with sticks. Flaming sticks. With nails in 'em.

Yah, I have issues.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

DarwinX
Jan 6, 2005, 10:21 AM

When people say "the other day," and it turns out to be from 3 months ago.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2005, 12:20 PM

Query: What does 411 mean?

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2005, 12:50 PM

Shoot I had one... what was it..

Oh right, most ghetto speak drives me nuts. Especially when done by middle class Canadian white kids. Oh, also people who use w00t offline or on. I don't care it's stupid. I had a friend do that once I just looked at him and said, "Jon, you fail as a person" actually no but I said it with my eyes, I only started "you fail as a person" with my roomie this semester... me and him get along great, my other comments include "Hey Jeremy, guess who's flipping you off "

paully dub
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2005, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by ajprice:
Query: What does 411 mean?
information. It's the US number for directory assistance. 911 being for emergencies.

"hook me up wit da 411"

Adopt-A-Yankee

Forum Links
Forum Rules