Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP memory options = SUCK

MBP memory options = SUCK (Page 2)
palane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by itistoday View Post
This is a matter of opinion, I do not see my responses in this light. I think that my responses were constructive in the sense that they successfully defended my original position. I got a lot of repeat responses, like yours, that indeed did irritate me because they brought up issues that I had already addressed.
You made the statement "too far gone in your Apple worship". That is far from constructive and led me to comment. Then again, throwing bombs does kick up the post count in a thread. Hence, the success of some well-known trolls on the forums. [No, I don't put you in that camp.]

Within a thread, the same issue will come up multiple times. In the case of my post, it was two sticks are probably cheaper than one and there are possible performance issues. The former comment was a repeat, the latter was actually new to the thread. There was a previous post about some Macs requiring paired memory, but that wasn't my point.

Originally Posted by itistoday View Post
Yes, they threw in an extra gig, this actually makes things more difficult for me, and anyone who wants 4 GB in their shiny new MBP. Had they offered at the very least an option to get a single stick, that would have been nice. I am dealing with it, I'm bitching on this forum, and soon I'll be bitching directly to Apple thanks to MaxPower.
I wish you luck with that. Even if this were an option, my guess is that Apple would charge you enough for a 2X1GB to 1X2GB cross-grade that it would be cheaper to simply buy a 4GB kit and sell off the old memory. Of course, then the title of the thread would have to be Apple's Memory Prices =SUCK. :-)

It does seem that you are really worked up over about $50. $220 for a 4GB kit - $50 rebate = $170 cost to you. $110 for a 2GB DIMM. Net difference $60 minus the cost of the unavailable cross-grade option. It's a relatively small amount of money compared to the cost of a nifty new MBP.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 20, 2007, 02:41 PM

Gracious. Profanity, vitriol, umbrage and outrage, and most of it on the first page!

Well, this aggression cannot stand.

Which is why I think I will take a seat and sit a spell. And sip my mint julep. That's a refined beverage. Not a drink, but rather a work of art. The Mint Julep

I also do believe that I will lock this thread. Civility, gentlemen. Always civility.

Forum Links
Forum Rules