Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Cheap iMacs in Sydney?

Cheap iMacs in Sydney?
qnxde
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2002, 05:36 AM

Ok guys, I need your help.

I need to know where I can get cheap iMacs in Sydney. A friend of mine is starting a business, and we'll need 3-4 computers at first, and then we'll grow from there. It's still up in the air whether because to use Mac or PC. Apparently he can get P4's for $800 without a monitor. I think that for general office usage and OS 9.1, an iMac 350 with 192MB would be perfectly adequate. They can be factory seconds or slightly used, it doesn't really matter much as I will be supporting them anyway and obviously I know what I'm doing and what to look out for problemwise. Is there any chance at all of getting this? I really don't want to go with PC's for the obvious reasons, but it will be kinda embarassing for me, a mac advocate if I can't come up with anything. Not to mention making my life a living PC hell in the next 4 odd years of working there.

If you have any information or advice, please help. I would like to get the purchase done in the next two weeks, and I don't know where to start. I've checked macops.com, but they want $1650 for an iMac 500, which is more power than I need anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Ben Wood

You can't eat all those hamburgers, you hear me you ridiculous man?

Cipher13
Jan 16, 2002, 07:14 AM

I can't really help you, but I've gotta say, AVOID MacOps at all cost.

They are fools... and wouldn't know a Mac from a Mack truck.

What kind of computer store doesn't have a SCREWDRIVER on the premises?

Morons.

qnxde  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2002, 07:23 AM

Tell me about it, I used to work there and left after a week and a half in disgust. Still, they can be pretty cheap though.

You can't eat all those hamburgers, you hear me you ridiculous man?

Forum Links
Forum Rules