Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > When you're down in the dumps, the internet never fails to deliver.

When you're down in the dumps, the internet never fails to deliver.
Link
Professional Poster
May 17, 2004, 12:00 AM

I believe I've said it before, but if you want a bit of entertainment right now, dare I say a few good laughs.. I highly reccomend This little gem.

While the first few... articles.. aren't so funny, scroll down a bit to this part:

Apple: Get Out of Desktops

Apple, naturally, is positioning itself for an eventual exit from the PC industry. Heck, I've been saying that for months. But the company has exactly one consumer electronics product on the market, the iPod, and no matter how successful that product is, one product does not a company make. For Apple to successfully make the transition to a successful CE company, it will need more consumer-friendly, non-Mac products. Interestingly, Louderback's equally predictable advice along these lines, get this, is for Apple to ape Microsoft's consumer strategy. He doesn't say it like that, of course. But check out this list of products he suggests Apple creates, with my own annotations about which Microsoft products they represent:
For about a year, that site has been my little piece of entertaniment I stop by every now and then to see if perhaps the fumes from unpacking his media center PC got to his head enough to write yet another.. unbiased... objective... ARTICLES!
Aloha

Forum Links
Forum Rules